Must you ice after Radiesse is injected in the hands?

Radiesse® Injection in the Hands

Good Afternoon and thank you for your question.  It is highly recommend to ice the injection site within the first 24 hour to reduce swelling. Best of luck to you.

Miami Physician

Ice after Radiesse is injected in the hands?

Hi, we have used Radiesse for hand rejuvenation on many patients and ask they apply ice to the hands (10 minutes at a time) for the first couple of days.  This decreases swelling  and bruising.

Hope this helps.

Ice Controls Swelling in Hands After Radiesse

After receiving Radiesse to restore youth and volume to aging hands, it is quite normal to experience some swelling and bruising. To keep that under control, it is recommended to hold ice packs on the hands for about 20 minutes at a time. It should not interfere significantly with your daily activities. Results after Radiesse on the hands is immediate. Consulting with a board-certified dermatologist will address your concerns.

Icing after hand injections

While not an absolute must, icing after hand injections can help reduce the swelling associated with treatment.  I generally recommend cold compresses (not ice directly on the skin, but rather a cold gel pack or a bag of frozen peas wrapped in cloth) intermittently for 2-3 days after injections.  Compression and elevation of the hands above the level of the heart, as well as minimizing using the hands, can also be helpful to decrease swelling.

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse injections to the hands is a very effective treatment for aging hands and has a very high satisfaction percentage among patients.Cool compresses after is helpful for comfort and reducing swelling, which is typically modest.  I do not believe ice is a "must" because you do not want to get the skin too cold and cause skin damage.The attached link provides more information. I hope this helps.

Timothy R. Miller, MD

Icing after Radiesse

Thank you for your question. Because a significant amount of Radiesse can be injected into the hands (sometimes up to 3 ccs), there can be some swelling. Icing the area on and off for 20 minutes at a time can help to decrease swelling and bruising, as well as keeping your hands above your heart when you sleep. Best of luck! 

Icing after #Radiesse for #HandRejuvenation?

Dear cathymcd:  Although I have not seen this in my practice, swelling after Radiesse to the hands can be significant. Icing helps to prevent this, or minimize it if it occurs.  All the best,  Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Must you ice after Radiesse is injected in the hand?

Thank you for your excellent question.  You need not ice after injections but I do advise patients that they may have improved pain relief with use over the first 24-48 hours in addition to maintaining their hands elevated to reduce swelling.  Hope this helps.

Icing after Radiesse in the Hands

Radiesse injections in the hands have the potential to swell.  Ice can help reduce the swelling. You do not have to ice if you do not want to, but most patients like to ice their hands for 24 hours after injection.

Jean Keamy, MD
Westborough Ophthalmologist

Radiesse To Hands

Radiesse swells when injected into the hands so icing helps but it's not necessary. The swelling will always subside.  Please see an expert for treatments.  Best, Dr. Emer.