Lump on lip after Juvederm 9 months ago (Photo)

I have had juvederm injections numerous times in the past and have never had any problems.About 10 months ago I had the juvederm injections in my lips and i noticed a small squidgy lump appear.i assumed it was swelling but after a few weeks had passed it was still there.it feels as soft as it always has been however the lip area itself seems raised and puffy.i have contacted the doctor who did the injection but she seems reluctant to try hyaluronidase however I don't see what other option I have

Lump after Juvederm

Thank you for your question LaurJW. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Juvederm is a filler that is used to enhance the lips. Lumps and bumps can be felt and/or seen for the first few days after a filler treatment. Gentle massage should help. If results are not as desired Juvederm can be reversed using hyaluronidase. Please follow up with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Lump after Juvederm

This is commonly seen after superficial placement of filler. It is easily remedied by asking your doctor to massage out the filler and if still persistent hyaluronidase is useful. If your doctor refuses to manage the complication please go to someone who can!

Bump After Juvederm For Lips

This is a common side effect of any lip filler. A simple massage should suffice. Please DO NOT massage the bump yourself. If the doctor that administered the product does not feel comfortable massaging it, please go see another specialist who does. There is no need for Hyaluronidase as she mentioned. 

Lumpy filler

Hylarunonidase is a perfect and thankfully available solution to reverse lumpy filler.  It is easy and quick and instant results are seen.  You may want to inquire from your doctor her reason for the reluctance to use hyaluronidase for you.  Be well.

Estee Williams, MD