Lip filler leaking? (photos0

Hello, I had one syringe of juvederm injected in to my lips two days ago. I have recently discovered this mark which I'm not sure whether it's a bruise from the needle or I have bitten my lip. Is there anyway they filler can leak out?

Juvederm filler for lips

You do not need to be concerned since Juvederm filler will not leak out.  The red mark is either from the injection or a bite and will soon fade.

Toronto Dermatologist

Is Juvederm Lip filler leaking?

Thank you for the photos. It does not appear that this is a bruise related to Juvederm injection through and through. The product is viscous and not likely to leak out through this pinhole.

Dr Karamanoukian
#RealSelf100 Member

Lip fissue after filler

The location in the picture appears to be a fissure, likely due to trauma (bite), swelling, or a canker sore.  Either way it should resolve without problems.  Application of a oral antacid tablet can help speed the recovery.  There is no concern on filler leaking out; filler stays put in the tissues.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm - will filler leak out of a bruise or needle mark

Thank you for asking about your Juvederm.

• The mark on your lip looks more like bite than a bruise in the photo.
  • The Juvederm will not leak out, in either case.
  • It is always wise to report any concerns to the doctor who treated you -
  • If you bit your lip.it may be because the Juvederm is a little deep - something to be taken into account at your next treatment.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes

Lip Injections

It appears as if you either bit your lip or injured it in some way but the product will not leak out.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green