Does the likelihood of getting a lip hematoma decrease over time with continued lip filler treatments? (Photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 13
Lip filer - are hematomas less common with time
- I am sorry you had a bad experience.
- Bruising is common but hematomas are uncommon when fillers are injected by needle into the lip.
- The lip has a lot of blood vessels -
- To reduce bruising and bleeding, a cannula can be used.
- Although many nurses and nurse practitioners do fillers, my experience is that they do not have the knowledge or understanding of anatomy that experienced specialist physicians have.
- This may not be true of your situation - your anatomy may be a little unusual.
- But a hematoma suggests the needle went into an artery or vein - and injection of material into blood vessels can have very serious consequences.
- Given your unusual reaction, your next filler treatment is best done by a plastic, facial plastic or dermatological specialist who uses cannulas.
- Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hematoma after Fillers
Thank you for your question and photographs. Lip augmentation with fillers always cause minor bruising and swelling. The chances of getting Hematoma are very low unless the procedure is being done by an inexperienced injector. Please consult with an expert for an evaluation. All the best!
Hematoma after Fillers
There is always a chance of bruising after fillers. To decrease the chance of bruising you should make sure that you don't take any blood thinners before your injections. For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist who understands the facial anatomy. Best, Dr. Green
You might also like...
Does the likelihood of getting a lip hematoma decrease over time with continued lip filler treatments?
Hope this helps.
Bruising after lip fillers
Lip Swelling/Bruising After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane
Lip Hematoma with Juvederm Injections
Bruising and hematoma after Juvederm
Technique is key to reduce bruising and hematoma formation. Q switched lasers can help resolve it as well as taking oral natural supplement Bromelain. Read my ebook about Bromelain on the link below. It is a free access ebook.
Having the same issue the next round is again dependent on technique and experience. The likelihood does not diminish with subsequent filler sessions if the same person is doing it, unless they get better at their technique over time.
Having said that, this could happen to the most experienced providers too.
Likelihood of bruise or hematoma after lip filler
Lip hematoma after filler
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.