Laser resurfacing for crepey, wrinkled skin on sun damaged hands? (Photo)

After one day of sunbathing with intense sun exposure to my hands without sunscreen, my skin started becoming dry, scaly and then even after plenty of E45 emollient moisturising, criss crossed wrinkles have increased with the skin turning slightly saggy and a more leathery look. I'm obsessed with sunscreen now and I use it daily but I think the damage has been done to my hands. Would Fraxel Restore be able to help with texture and wrinkles on my hands?

Resurfacing

Fractionated laser resurfacing can be done on the hands. Roarer aesthetic of Alabama supplies a unique system specifically designed for the hands which only takes 30 seconds per hand. You can' find the closest doctor to you by contacting the company. 

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser resurfacing can be used for hands in the right situation

Both non-ablative and ablative laser resurfacing can be applied to the hand in the correct situations. There are also a variety of other ways to rejuvenate the hands and combining multiple different treatment modalities into a single session usually yields the best results. Good luck!

Douglas Wu, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Laser resurfacing for hands

Thank you for sharing your question. Erbium laser skin resurfacing is great for the treatment of sun damaged skin on the back of hands. You must first make sure not to be tan on the area to be treated and not expose the treated skin to sunlight for a couple of months. Find an experienced laser specialist to perform your resurfacing. Good luck.

Laser hand rejuvenation

The answer to your question is an emphatic  yes!  I love treating the back of my resurfacing patients hands, it is usually something I point out to them and recommend that they don't necessarily notice, but almost universally they make a comment afterwards about how glad they are they decided to do their hands as well. 

I prefer to use ablative fractional CO2 resurfacing, as it gives you a little bit of tightening for the crepey skin that forms there.

Cameron Chesnut, MD, FAAD, FACMS
Spokane Dermatologic Surgeon