Radiesse hands lidocaine mix

How much lidocaine would be used to mix radiesse to tx hands with each syringe?More lidocaine mixed does that affect. The longevity of the radiesse?

Radiesse in the hands

I tend to mix 0.3-0.5 cc of lidocaine with every syringe of Radiesse which is 1.5 cc.  If the hands are thin, then I used more lidocaine to help make the injection less viscous and easier to spread in the hands.

Radiuses with Lidocaine for Hands

Thank you for the question. There is currently a Radiesse product line that come with Lidocaine already mixed by the manufacturer. However, prior to this being available, most surgeons mixed between 0.3-0.5 cc of Lidocaine with 1.5 cc of Radiesse. The amount of Lidocaine affects the thickness of the product during injection, but does not seem to change the result or longevity of the product. I have been using 0.5 cc of Lidocaine with 1.5 cc of Radiesse for several years and am very happy with the results. I hope this is helpful.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse and Lidocaine to Hands

Mixing the lidocaine into radiesse has no effect on longevity, in fact it helps prevent clumping.  I often use 0.75-1.5cc into each syringe. although the approve amount is ~0.3 cc.  I suggest seeing an expert for this.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Radiesse dilution

The standard FDA approved dilution is 1.2 cc of Radiesse with 0.3 cc of 1% lidocaine.  However, this is how the product is packaged these days so additional dilution may no longer be necessary.  That being said, diluting the Radiesse further with saline prior to injection into the hands can be beneficial in that the larger volume can more easily cover a larger surface area and the product distributes more evenly. 

If the dilutions are done appropriately, the longevity of the Radiesse is not affected.  Best to see an expert experienced injector for this procedure so that you can get the appropriate recommendations and expectations!

Douglas Wu, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Radiesse is perfect for hand rejuvenation

Radiesse is ideal for sculpting the hands and rejuvenating them.  The amount of lidocaine mixed will allow the particles within Radiesse to spread easier but if to much is used then the particles will be overly diluted.  Merz, the company has a recommended amount; however, the amount of lidocaine mixed is a function of many variables that is best left to an expert injector.