I had Radiesse in my hands and the veins still showing. Any suggestions?

she injected quite a few areas but did not lift the skin or massage it in. i'm not happy with the results and i'm seeing her next week for more filler. she's done a lot of my procedures. did a wonderful job of putting fillers in my face. should i mention this to her that i've seen other methods. she's considered a master injector and teaches procedures.

Radiesse to the hands

Insufficient volume of injection may be the main cause of the undercorrection. More volume of Radiesse may further help the hands and veins. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Radiesse to the hands

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Hand rejuvenation with volume fillers and sclerotherapy - Buffalo Niagara, NY

Typically, the hands can get rejuvenated in our practice with sclerotherapy.

If volume loss is significant, we use fat injection or fillers such as Radiesse or Voluma. 

Cosmetic outcomes are excellent. 

Cosmetic outcomes are excellent. 

I had Radiesse in my hands and the veins still showing.

We lift the skin and then massage the Radiesse when injecting the hands.  You can have more Radiesse or could consider Perlane or Voluma inbetween the previously injected areas.

Radiesse Hands

Two main components that age our hands is photo aging, and well as lack of volume. Overtime, photo aging plays a key role in producing irregular pigmentation, causing the depletion in collagen and elastic fibers. This can result in thinning the skin, which makes veins more visible. To add volume back in the hands we use a biocompatible dermal filler, known as Radiesse. We typically have patients start with one syringe per hand and repeat until the desired volume is achieved. Based on the patient’s anatomy the veins can still be visible after multiple treatments. 

Radiesse Hands

Radiesse in Hands Without Improvement

Yes I would consider adding more radiesse or trying a different filler like voluma.  More permanently you can have fat injected and/or even sclerotherapy of the hand viens.  I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist with expertise in hand rejuvenation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Radiesse in Hands Without Improvement

Fat augmentation for hands.

More than 35 years ago I began using fat augmentation for aging hands. At that time people said it did not work. I injected only one hand in a patient and waited two years to show that yes indeed not only does it work but worked better than any other material. ( l then injected the other hand).  I continue to use fat augmentation rather than fillers since it is much cheaper and is permanent.

Fat augmentation for hands.