Can a fibromyalgia sufferer have a Mommy Makeover?
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 2
Mommy make-over with fibromyalgia
- People with fibromyalgia can definitely have surgery.
- One issue is what triggered the fibromyalgia - was it injury? in the area of surgery?
- A second issue is whether surgery will lead to chronic pain in the area of surgery.
- So you need an experienced and empathetic plastic surgeon, willing to discuss your problem with your neurologist or whoever is prescribing your medications - to plan your surgery.
- Strange things happen and I have seen people with fibromyalgia improve unexpectedly after surgery.
- But the goal is to carefully minimize the likelihood of exacerbating it - and this can be done.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.