Can a fibromyalgia sufferer have a Mommy Makeover?
Doctor Answers 2
Mommy make-over with fibromyalgia
- People with fibromyalgia can definitely have surgery.
- One issue is what triggered the fibromyalgia - was it injury? in the area of surgery?
- A second issue is whether surgery will lead to chronic pain in the area of surgery.
- So you need an experienced and empathetic plastic surgeon, willing to discuss your problem with your neurologist or whoever is prescribing your medications - to plan your surgery.
- Strange things happen and I have seen people with fibromyalgia improve unexpectedly after surgery.
- But the goal is to carefully minimize the likelihood of exacerbating it - and this can be done.
Fibromyalgia and surgery
There is no reason why you should not contemplate surgery.Make sure you consult an experienced surgeon who can counsel you fully about the procedures.The BAAPS website should be able to help you find a fully qualified surgeon locally.