ED medication AFTER Vaser Lipo?

I understand using erectile dysfunction treatment before surgery (and anaesthesia of any kind) is not recommended. However, how long after VASER Lipo is one able to use these medications again? (Viagra, Cialis, Sildenafil, etc). Will these medications cause any issues in terms of recovery?

ED Medication After Liposuction

Your surgery and recovery should be first and foremost. Most likely you'll be wearing a garment 24/7 for up to 6 weeks after surgery except when showering. Most garments have an opening to allow you to urinate, not engage in sexual intercourse. You don't get this recovery period again. Sex will always be there, but your first 6 weeks of recovery and optimizing your result will not. The priority should be to heal. 6 weeks is an appropriate amount of time to allow the focus to be on your healing. From there, you should follow your surgeon's instructions regarding the resumption of your ED medication. Hang in there! 6 weeks will pass faster than you think! 

Sacramento Physician

ED medications and VASER liposuction

Thank you very much for posting your question.

I usually recommend my patients to consider a 6 weeks post operative pause.
Sometimes this can change depending on how well the healing goes and for this reason it is essential to keep yourself under follow up and agree with your surgeon when it is safe to start again your ED medications.

With best regards,

Stefano Cotrufo, MD, PhD
London Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and ED medication

You are having a serious surgical procedure by a surgeon. I would strongly recommend you direct such questions to your surgeon as he or she is the one who knows the extent of the planned procedure and any anesthesia and would be the correct person to advise you.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon