Dimples and irregularities after neck lipo? (Photo)

hi doctors i need help :( i had lipo neck for my double chin a year and half ago ... and since the surgery i've developed dimples and irregularities in the neck shown in my photos ... my question is what did the surgeon did wrong for this to develop and what are my options to treat this problem ?

Neck liposuction - lumps and iregularities

Thank you for asking about your neck liposuction.

• Without before photos, one can't be sure but it seems possible that your liposuction surgeon was inexperienced or not familiar with¬†this operation.
  • You are likely to need a fat injection to fill out the indentations.
  • Please see a Board certified Plastic Surgeon for further treatment.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Irregularities after lip to neck

Unfortunately it looks like your result is not perfectly even and smooth.

This is a common complication of liposuction and neck is a difficult area to treat.

More than try to find what is gone wrong i would try to speak with your surgeon to see what can be done to make it better.Sometimes a careful revision of surgery with the help of some fat transfer where necessary can improve the outcome.

Best Regards

Mr Netri

Giorgio Netri, MBBS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Uneven contours after liposuction

It's generally not a good idea to second-guess other doctors work but based on your pictures it appears you may have had liposuction done somewhat unevenly or too much fat may have been removed in certain areas. Poorly done liposuction can be difficult to correct especially if too much fat was removed. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD