Arnica tablets?

I've bought arnica tablets ahead of my surgery on 5 October. My patient coordinator said to only take them after surgery but online forums say to start taking them pre-op. I don't want to take them and that cause problems or even stall my procedure but I do want to know if I'm advised to take them pre-op to help with recovery.... The advice to not take them wasn't direct from my surgeon, it was from my PC.

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective pre op  and post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Arnica for surgical bruising

Hi There, 

Multiple brands of Arnica Montana are available, so I recommend following manufacturers instructions. Typically, you can begin taking the tablets up to three days prior to surgery and it should not cause problems that would delay your surgery. My suggestion, however, is to ask to speak to a nurse if your surgeon is not available.

Javad Sajan, MD

Javad Sajan, MD
Seattle Physician