Arnica tablets?

I've bought arnica tablets ahead of my surgery on 5 October. My patient coordinator said to only take them after surgery but online forums say to start taking them pre-op. I don't want to take them and that cause problems or even stall my procedure but I do want to know if I'm advised to take them pre-op to help with recovery.... The advice to not take them wasn't direct from my surgeon, it was from my PC.

Arnica for surgical bruising

Hi There, 

Multiple brands of Arnica Montana are available, so I recommend following manufacturers instructions. Typically, you can begin taking the tablets up to three days prior to surgery and it should not cause problems that would delay your surgery. My suggestion, however, is to ask to speak to a nurse if your surgeon is not available.

Javad Sajan, MD

Seattle Physician