How soon after Coolsculpting can you get back to the gym and what exercises to avoid doing?

Resume your daily activities after CoolSculpting

CoolSculpting is a non-surgical treatment, there is no recovery time required following the procedure. Patients may resume their daily activities immediately after the treatment. However some people may experience mild burning sensations, tenderness or swelling which can make some exercises less comfortable than usual. Use your best judgement and make sure you are safe. You can always contact your provider if have any concerns or further questions.

Coolsculpting Downtime

Coolsculpting is a non-surgical treatment and requires no recovery time. You may resume your normal activities immediately after receiving Coolsculpting. Some patients might experience some swelling, tenderness and burning sensations. This may make exercising very uncomfortable. Please consult your physician.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Downtime and coolsculpting

In regards to coolsculpting and “downtime”, there are no restrictions mandated by the manufacture of the device. With doing this non-invasive treatment, there has been no recovery time, or downtime noted per patient response. I find that recovery time is based on the treated individual and their comfort level. Majority of patients go back to their normal scheduled daily activities right away after treatment.

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

The nice thing with Coolsculpting is that you can return to regular exercise the same day or the next day.  There are no restrictions post procedure.  Hope this helps.  Enjoy!

Grant Stevens, MD

CoolSculpting and Exercise Post Treatment

The beauty of CoolSculpting is that it is non-invasive and there is no downtime post treatment. Most patients that treat experience some swelling and tenderness in the areas of treatment but you are certainly able to resume your daily activities right away. It is merely up to how you feel post treatment. 

Randolph Capone, MD, FACS
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Exercising after CoolSculpting

It depends how you feel after the treatment, some patients like to take it easy for a couple days because they feel sore. However, others work out the same day.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Down time following CoolSculpting?

CoolSculpting is completely non-surgical, so you can return to normal activities immediately. Some patients experience redness, minor bruising, tingling, numbness or discomfort in the treated area, but this is temporary, not problematic, and will resolve completely. Often times, patients return to work after the session is over. You may start to see changes as quickly as three weeks after your treatment, and will experience the most dramatic results after one to three months

Brian S. Glatt, MD, FACS
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Activities After Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is a non-surgical, non-invasive treatment. You may resume your normal daily activities aftertward. Several of our patients report that they worked out the same day without any complications.

Coolsculpting and Gym

As long as you feel fine you should be able to return to the gym the following day after Coolsculpting.  That is one of the amazing things about Coolsculpting.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Exercise after CoolSculpting

There are no restrictions after CoolSculpting and you can get back to the gym right away.  I personally, played my hockey game the same night I had my treatment and had no problems.  Some people have some "bruise like" discomfort afterwards and may want to avoid aggravating that, but as a rule you are good to go.