My stomach has scar tissue and I want to do a procedure to get my stomach smaller. What's recommend? (photo)

Help! I had my last liposuction procedure Oct 25 2015 which is my 4th time having it done over the years with the same dr. Well I wasn't satisfied this last time. I was told he wasn't able to do his best due I had scar tissue he couldn't break up. Will cool sculpting work for me although I have scar tissue and is it anything I can do to get rid of the scar tissue? I'm seeking a hour glass look. Thanks in advance!

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what. I recommend in office evaluation by a physician to make sure you are the right candidate for this procedure.  

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Hour glass shape

Cool Sculpting only makes a visible change when their is fat to decrease in bulges. A physical exam would be best for a certified practitioner to tell if you're a candidate but don't count on it working for scar tissue if that indeed is what you have. You may be able to just do the love handles on the side to bring in that area to achieve the hour glass shape you desire. Best of Luck. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal subcutaneous scar deformity options following multiple liposuction procedures

Dear Gasjas:Sorry for your troubles. Options include:
  1. Deep scar massage with or without "subcision" and fat grafting
  2. CoolSculpting may or may not help depending on the residual fat you have surrounding the scar
  3. Endermologie may or may not help
Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with all these tools to make a more non-biased recommendation. All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Scar Tissue

CoolSculpting can help with the fat reduction, but does not fix scar tissue that has already formed.  A non-invasive procedure we offer to help break up and prevent scar tissue post-liposuction is called endermologie.  This is a procedure that needs to be done in a series and continually keep up maintenance on.  It also helps with the appearance of cellulite and offers many other benefits.  You can do this in combination with the CoolSculpting treatment.  

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

CoolSculpting after liposuction

Thank you for your question and for including a picture. I have used CoolSculpting as a tool to smooth out patients who have had liposuction in the past. While everyone is not a candidate for the technology, I recommend coming in for a complete evaluation to see what would be best to take care of the areas of concern.  

Patrick L. Basile, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Rippling and scar tissue after #liposuction

Dear jasgas:  I have found that #CoolSculpting helps to smooth the rippling that often occurs after liposuction. You will probably want to find a dermatologist or plastic surgeon with many years of experience who will personally evaluate you and plan your treatment.  All the best,  Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD