Is 18 too young for a boob job?

Hi, my boobs have been the same size since I was 13 and even when I was younger I wanted my breasts enlarged. I am quite a "chunky" girl and it's always knocked my confidence. I turned 18 in July and I'm in the process of finding a surgeon. Is it too young? Also how long on average is it that I need to wait for surgery after consultation? I only have a certain timescale I can get off work. Thanks.

Breast augmentation at 18

If you are no longer growing and are of adult size, then it is possible to offer a breast augmentation. Best to be seen in person.

Age Appropriate Breast Augmentation

Naomi.   I appreciate your concern, but you may consider modest weight loss first to maximize your result and boost your confidence. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Breast augmentation at 18

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• You are old enough to have a breast augmentation if you want one.
  • Most girls your age tend to have implants that are very big - so I suggest you avoid too large an implant.
  • The FDA recommends saline implants only for women your age -
  • Since you are not very thin, they should be fine.
  • When you call the surgeon's office, explain when you have time off - if they can't help you during that time, look for another surgeon.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

18 years old for breast aug?

18 is not too young for a breast augmentation.  It is important to have a consultation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who can advise you as to your specific considerations and help you make a good choice.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Age for implants

In the US it is recommended that you are at least 22 for silicone implants, and 18 for saline implants.  Regulations may vary based on your location.  A quick call to a plastic surgeon in your area should get you an answer to your question.  The time between consultation and surgery will depend on your surgeon's schedule and how it fits with yours.

Camille Cash, MD

IS 18 yo to young for breast implants?

thank you for your question. 18 years old is not too young for breast augmentation. Your breast are fully developed at this point. Usually at this age it is very easy to perform breast augmentation. The FDA requires to be 22 years of age for silicone implants. But if the physician feels that based on your anatomy silicone is better implant then they are allowed to proceed with silicone as an off label use. Please contact your nearest board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck and best wishes.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

No

At 18, your breasts are fully developed. The FDA US recommendations for breast augmentation is 22 or older for silicone. At 18, you would be a good candidate for saline implants. As far as waiting, every practice is a bit different as far as how far out they are booked for surgery. At least in our practice, in most cases, we make every attempt to work with your schedule, and surgery can be scheduled rather quickly. As far as downtime, this will all be discussed during your consultation.

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Appropriate Age for Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your inquiry. Depending on your geographical location the age limit for undergoing a breast augmentation surgery will vary. Best to find out what the regulations are in your area and consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Regards,

What age for breast augmentation

Check with the regulations in the UK.  In the United States  it is recommended you be 22 for silicone/gel breast implants, but can be younger for saline implants.  Scheduling surgery after consultation will vary from surgeon to surgeon.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Too young

According to the FDA in the US, it is recommended you be 22 for silicone/gel breast implants, but can be younger for saline implants. Time from consultation to surgery is typically just a few weeks. recovery time is variable based upon surgeon preference and technique