Do ultrasonic liposuction cavitation slimming machines work?

I had a miscarriage a year ago and have been gaining all my weight in my stomach ever since. I can diet and exercise most of it off but still have 3-5 extra inches. I want a non invasive solution and this method caught my eye. What do you think?

Non-Invasive Ultrasonic Devices for Fat Removal

There is only one device that is a real ultrasonic non-invasive device for fat removal that works by cavitation. That is the Ultrashape device by Syneron and was FDA approved last week. It is a focused ultrasound device and has extensive testing and use in other countries.  Liposonix is another focused ultrasound device that works more thermally - i.e. burns the fat and not really using cavitation. There are non-focused ultrasound devices as well - Bella Contour and Vasershape. Both help a bit with body shaping but are not as efficacious in fat removal as Ultrashape and Liposonix. Other non-invasive fat removal devices that work quite well are Coolsculpting by Zeltiq and Vanquish by BTL. Lots of new devices out there and a lot of hype. Best to go to an experienced office that offers multiple technologies

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Ultrasonic cavitation machines

There are a number of devices on the market that can reduce fat in areas of the body.  The method that caught your eye is not as widely used as other devices, such as Coolsculpting.  The devices do not work in the same way as liposuction, where the fat is removed surgically.  Rather they affect the fat cells in a manner that causes them to absorbed by the body over time.  Liposuction is always the best option.  You may need several treatments to get the result that you want.  After several treatments, the cost could approach that of liposuction.  If you are interested in a non-invasive option, I would consider Coolsculpting as it has the longest history on the market and has a very good safety record.

Aloha,

Shim Ching, MD

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Ultrasonic?

Cavitation of the fat happens with ultrasound.  But the results are more impressive on the pathology slide than on patient's contour changes.  Many of us see patients who have been disappointed with their results from this expensive technology and seek more aggressive and predictable results with suction assisted liposculpture.

Ultrasonic liposuction cavitation slimming machines

The degree of improvement from an ultrasonic liposuction cavitation slimming machine is still greatly debated. Consult with a treating physician that you trust to determine if this machine makes sense for you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

External slimming machines.

I have not used ultrasound liposuction however have years of experience with a safe and painless techniue that requires between 6 and 10 treatments for most patients.  It uses a red diode laser combined with infrared and immediately and progressively takes off inches of subq fat in the treated areas.  Unlike with fat freezing there is no risk of paradoxical hyperplasia.  The machine that I recommend is iLipoXcell but other versions with the same technology are available (ie Zerona).  Good luck and I hope this information is helpful to you. Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Ultrasonic liposuction cavitation machines

Ultrasonic liposuction cavitation machines may damage the fat cells but it doesn't remove them. As a result patients usually do not achieve beneficial results. Traditional liposuction is recommended to achieve the best results.

Non-invasive fat reduction

There are several non-invasive fat reduction devices which report to reduce the area by about 20% or so after a few months, but it will not give the results of a liposuction procedure.

Ultrasonic cavitation

Ultrasonic cavitation damages the fat cells, but does not remove them as in traditional liposuction. You have multiple treatments, and will see minimal results. To loose 2 inches or more, you need to go with the invasive liposuction.

Laura A. Sudarsky, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

You may get some limited results. We do not offer that type of treatment because I see too many patients each year that had it elsewhere and feel they wasted their money and now have to pay again for real liposuction.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD