Would I get a natural result with 290cc under muscle round silicone implants and would they sit far apart? (Photo)

Small Implants and Cleavage

If you have a wider implant, you will improve cleavage. A 290 cc implant is likely narrower than your breast width. As a result, it will have little impact on your cleavage (it just wont reach). Thus, when surgeons talk about base width, it matters because it helps reshape the breast from the frontal view to better match your shape. Too small can look just as fake as "too big." 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through an in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Cleavage

Thank you for the photo and the question and what I tell patients is the cleavage you have is the cleavage you have.  Your breasts are naturally far apart and will be following surgery though they will look closer together though your actual distance between the breasts will not have changed.  Attempting to move the implants closer to the midline will make your nipples point further out and may lead to symmastia.

Dr. Corbin 

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Natural Look?

Good questions. Given your anatomy and your relatively wide spaced nipples, I would highly recommend you have silicone implants placed over the muscle and not under it. This way you can have better cleavage and of course avoid the movement artifact that comes with implants under the muscle.

Natural looking augmentation

You look like an ideal candidate for breast augmentation.  If the 290cc implant base width diameter matches your measured chest width diameter then yes, it will look natural. Good choice.  

David Marcus, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Nothing natural about implants

so I would suggest you focus on what look you would like to have.  Whatever you choose, with your nipples pointing outwards, they will will do that and with smaller implants of smaller diameters, you're going to either have a wide gap between the mounds or nipples that point even more outwards.  So the largest implant you can live will will help with your final results.  Let your surgeon show you how wide the implant is going to be and how much space is anticipated from your choice.

Curtis Wong, MD

Would I get a natural result with 290cc under muscle round silicone implants and would they sit far apart?

Thank you for your question.  You should be able to achieve a very nice result with breast implants.  However your cleavage is determined by the width of your breastbone and based on your current cleavage  even with breast implants you will have a significant separation between your breasts.  The size of implant should be based on a measurement of the base width of your breast.   Moderate plus profile implants will have a better impact on your cleavage then high-profile implants.  To determine size you may also do the Rice test at home which is described in the link below:

Would you get a natural result?

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants

Thank you for your pictures and questions. I think that based on the photo, you are a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery. As for volume, you should try on implants in your surgeon's office to determine if 290 cc gives you the volume you are looking for. If so, then your surgeon can choose an implant in that range that fits your frame. I would say that in patients that are petite such as yourself, a round implant gives a very rounded appearance and a rounded upper pole of the breast, which I would not consider to be "natural." Not to say that this look is bad, it is just not natural. So you need to ask yourself if you want a rounded full upper pole of your breast, or you really would rather have a more natural result. If you are more interested in a natural sloping upper pole, you may want to discuss with your surgeon the use of teardrop form stable implants. As for the distance between the implants, your anatomy defines that, not the implant. If you have a wide sternum with outward pointing nipples, that result will not change, and might even be made more prominent with placement of implants and that is something you need to expect and accept before proceeding with surgery.

Hope this helps!

Breast Implant Sizing

Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in breast surgery. Tissue based measurements will determine the most appropriate sized implant for you based on your body's anatomic capacity. This will give you a very natural result.  Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Natural result with augmentation?

Many patients have either a wide nipple-areolar spacing, or an outward 'tilt' to the nipple-areolar complex. One mistake to avoid is in using smaller volume (narrower) implants, and positioning them closer to accentuate the cleavage definition. This only serves to drive the nipple position further outward. The implant size should be appropriate for your chest width, and centered on your natural breast position. This can only be determined in an in-person consultation. With the appropriate size and placement, you should be able to attain a very natural aesthetic result following breast augmentation. Best of luck.

Michael F. Bohley, MD