Botox cheek droop. Is it permanent?

I had bad botox result on crows feet 3 months and 1 week ago. A second opinion confirmed my zygomaticus muscle on one side had been weakened from migration. My cheek still feels heavy and lip is still curling under. Cheek looks flatter than other side. I expected to see some improvement by now, could this have a permanent impact? Or could it last as long as botox seems to last for other lower muscles like masseter muscle? Very depressed over this but need to know exactly what I am dealing with.

No:

None of the side effects of Botox is permanent. If any unexpected relaxation of a muscle occurs after Botox treatment, it is likely cause by a slight migration of the Botox (after rubbing the area, for example) or because of some technical issues at the time of the injection. These side effects should clear in 6 to 8 weeks (but may last up o 12 weeks).

New Hampshire Vascular Surgeon

Are Botox effects permanent?

Sorry to read that you had an adverse effect from facial cosmetic Botox injection. The good news is that the undesired effect will go away in 3-4 months.

Best
Dr Karamanoukian

Botox

Thank you for your question. The good news is if the Botox causes the cheeks to droop this condition is not permanent. Depending on the amount of Botox injected it should go away in approximately 2 to 3 months. I hope you find this information useful.  

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Botox xheek droop. Is it permanent?

Thank you for your question. So sorry to hear about your experience. Botox effects are not permenant and will subside at approx. 3 months. 

Take care, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Are Botox effects permanent?

I am sorry to learn that you did not have a favorable outcome after your Botox injections. The good news is that these effects are not permanent and would be expected to improve very soon. I would discuss your concerns with your injector so as to avoid this issue in the future.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Droopy cheek from botox

The effect of the botox should be temporary but it can take up to a few months for the botox effects to fully go away.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Botox and Results - Drooping Lip; Takes 3 months to resolve

unfortunately if you have muscle weakness from botox this will take 3 months to improve and will slowly return.  Have patience and go to a different injector in the future.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Zygomaticus Botox

The Botox will fade over three months.  Botox to the lower crows feet always weakens support of the cheek.  I would avoid having this done in the future, but upper lid is fine and should be used for brow lifting.

Howard Stupak, MD
Westport Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox

Thank you fro your question. 

Botox results are temporary and can last 3 up to 6 months. Your results should improve with time. 

All the best. 

Botox in the zygomaticus

The Botox will wear off and the function of the muscle should return to normal.  It points how careful and an injector must be and how knowledgeable they need to be about the sites of injection.