I see no difference from having 1ml of Restylane, is this down to poor technique or do I need more? (photo)

I recently had 1ml of restylane objected into my lips and see no difference. This was 5 days ago, and I feel as if I have wasted my money as they look exactly the same as before. Should I go somewhere else, or do I need to have more injected? I also have a few hard lumps in my lips, and was wondering if all of this was down to poor technique.

Usually 1cc of Restylane sufficient for lips

Thank you for sharing your question. It is surprising that you do not see a difference in your lips following your treatment. There are several options to choose from if Restylane did not give you a satisfactory result.  See an expert injector.  Good luck,

One Syringe of Restylane

One syringe of Restylane is usually enough for most patients. Patients looking for a larger lift I would recommend Juvederm. Please contact a person who is good with lip injections for best results.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

One syringe of filler

One syringe of filler is usually enough to give a nice lip augmentation. Patients who prefer a larger lip I usually recommend Juvederm instead of Restylane.  Please consult an expert in lip injections for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Restylane, lumps and lips

Lumps do take 10 plus days to settle, so I would not be worried. 1 CC is often enough for lips, unless the surrounding area needs to be treated for structure. At the end of the day, it is understanding what you want to achieve, a good injector will always guide you, and look at the before and afters 2 weeks post lip injections. Certainly if YOU would like more volume this can be added. IMO 1 cc would be plenty for most patients under the age of 35. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Restylane lips

1cc of Restylane in the lips is often enough for many patients. For patients like yourself looking for more volume I often use two syringes and often times I'll Restylane Lyft or Voluma. The syringes are only 1cc which is not a lot of volume. A teaspoon is 5cc's.

Restylane and lips

1 cc restylane is almost always enough to obtain lips that are augmented but not sure exactly what you want.  the lumps are due to uneven injection technique and since you are not happy with the result it would be a good idea to see someone else

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Lip Filler

Thank you for posting your question. There are many types of filler one can inject for lip augmentation and they vary in consistency. Exactly which type will give the best result and how much is needed really vary among individuals. I have plenty of patients to whom 1ml of restylane is enough for both lips and cheeks, but there are also a few patients who share your thoughts. I recommend that you go back to the same physician and discuss your concerns in order to find the right amount of filler for your specific needs. Best of luck.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane lips

It depends on type of restylane - Lyft in the lips would give more volume - silk will give less.  I would go back to your Dr and explain your dissatisfaction - I would try Juvederm Ultra plus as this would provide more plumping for your lips.  Best - Dr Khan

T.G. Khan, DO, FACS
Fort Lee Oculoplastic Surgeon