Aligner not fitting canine (Photo)

I'm on my 13th (out of 36!) aligner and I'm noticing this gap between my canine and the bottom of the aligner. The rest of the aligner fits over my teeth perfectly it's just this one that has that gap. Shall I call my dentist and have it looked at? I haven't kept the aligner before it as I didn't think I needed it so I don't know what we would do. Any advice is appreciated. I'm a bit worried I'll have to pay for more aligners. I've attached a picture so you can see. Thank you

Questioning fit of #Invisalign aligner #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
If you are questioning the fit of your aligners, then the best advice I can give you is to communicate with your orthodontist about your concerns. He/she knows the specifics of your case and can answer any questions that you may have. When an aligner is remade due to poor fit, this is included as part of treatment and done at no charge. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO Area (O'Fallon, IL)

Invisalign Aligner Not Fitting

Hi, and no worries. Yes, you should see dentist right away. Since I am not familiar with the details of your case, I am guessing here. Typically, when the gap occurs between the incisal edge (end of the tooth) and the aligner, there needs to be additional IPR (interproximal reduction) on either side of the tooth. IPR is removing a very small amount of enamel to create space for the tooth to descend. No worries here either, as the amount removed is so small that it cannot be detected with the naked eye when done properly. Continue wearing the aligner until you see your dentist! And no, there should be no additional cost. Good luck!