I Just Broke my Permanent Invisalign Retainer and Now I Live in a Different State. How Do I Get a New One?

Doctor Answers 3

How to reorder new VIvera retainers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If your teeth are stable and you are confident that your retainers fitted, then your original dentist can order them online.

If you are not sure then get some silicone impressions done and send to them to your original dentist

Permanent retainer broke, what should i do

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If the permanent retainer is a removable one a local dentist can make you a new one by taking an impression of your mouth.  If the retainer is a wire fixed to the back of your teeth then a local dentist would have to make a new one as well.  Find a dentist in your new location and ask him to fix the issue.

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Dentist
5.0 out of 5 stars 3 reviews

Broke Invisalign Retainer, Living in Different State

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If your retainer was the removable type, then your invisalign dentist can have another one ordered and mailed to you. He would not need to see you for another impression. If your retainer was a permanent type (bonded directly on your teeth), then a local dentist can fix it.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Dentist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.