How to treat angry/sad brows with botox? And what will it cost me?

My question is: I sometime when i feel normal or a bit sad or angry. People always ask me whats wrong. And the problem is my eyebrows. I want a eyebrow lift injected around my frown lines. I this a good way to treat angry or sad brows? and what would it cost. And btw whats the age u have to be if ur gonna Get botox in Turkey=?

Botox for sad brows

Thank you for your question jamesdeandays2. Botox is a purified protein used to treat a variety of wrinkles on the face including the frown lines, the vertical lines seen between the brown when we frown. Based on the pivotal studies, 20 units of Botox is used in this area and patients enjoy their results for three to four months. In my experience some patients require even more. Men, for example, have larger muscles than women on the face as well as the body so a higher dose is required.
The cost of Botox varies from one region to another. I do not know the costs in Turkey, TX. In the Los Angeles area, prices range from $8 to $17 per unit.
In our office we treat patients as young as 18 with Botox. The safety of Botox has not been tested in people younger than 18.
I recommend consulting with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Botox for Brow Lift

Botox can be injected into several places around the brow for improvement. This is a great non-surgical treatment, and should be provided by an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Treating angry brows with a neurotoxin.

Angry brows are created by the tension and pull of the muscles around the eyes.

A neurotoxin such as Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin relaxes those muscles to give a more refreshed appearance by diminishing tension and wrinkling of the skin around the eyes. 

A consultation is necessary to evaluate the specific muscles in your face that create your angry/tired appearance. I always start with a conservative dose for first time patients. It's easy to touch-up with more. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of botox

I don't know the cost of botox in Turkey.  In the USA it should be around 10-15/ dollars a unit.  Yes you can look happy and treat angry or sad brows.  I think you would enjoy the benefits of botox

Angry Brows

Botox is the most effective treatment for angry brows.  It is used to relax the muscle called the glabella that makes frown lines between the brows.  Price can vary widely.  It will depend on your location and provider's experience. It can cost between $200-400.

Jean Keamy, MD
Westborough Ophthalmologist

Botox injection to improve appearance of eyes

Botox injection into the upper face (frown lines, forehead lines, and crow's feet) can results in a more open appearance of the eyes as well as raised brows. This gives the eyes a more refreshed and rejuvenated look. I recommend you see an experienced injector for an in-patient consultation. Pricing depends on region, about of Botox required, and experience of injector and I honestly do not have pricing information for Texas. 

How to treat angry brows with Botox? What will it cost me?

Thank you for sharing your question.  Botox can be used to effectively treat the muscles between a patient's eyes, preventing this "angry" appearance.  Costs will vary geographically so I would recommend seeing a series of board certified plastic surgeons in your area to have an accurate idea of cost.  Hope this helps.

Yes those are perfect indications for Botox.  It takes about 3 to 4 minutes to do this procedure and results last about 3 months.  Cost is about $150

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

Treating Angry/Sad Brows With Botox?

A photo would allow for more personalized advice. Well-placed Botox injections can lift the brow, but only a certain amount. A brow lift can give you more lift if your skin is lax and your brow has dropped, but that usually occurs at a more mature age (late 40s, 50s, 60s). If a brow is really dropped/ptotic, Botox can actually make things worse as you can't use your muscles to elevate your forehead/brow.

I do not know what the minimum age is for Botox in Turkey, but in the United States, it is age 18 for cosmetic use.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Botox for an angry or sad look.

Please consult a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon to see if Botox would help your angry/sad appearance.  The cost would be determined by the amount needed and would be addressed at your consultation.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist