Jawline softening - I want to try change my jawline. (photos)

I always had a sqaure face and recently i was ill and lost alot off weight which resulted in my face looking more oval which i loved Since i put a few kilos on ive got my sqaure face shape back I find it very unflattering and not feminine What can i do to help make it look more softer and oval looking I was reading about injecting botox Would this help me get a softer looking jawline Its really starting to get me down Thank you

Contouring the face with Botox

Thank you for your question tattoobarbiedoll. Botox is a great treatment for wrinkles and can be used to contour the face. Botox can be injected into the masseter muscle to make the muscle smaller. This works well for people to want to contour their lower face from a square shape to a more softer heart shape. I recommend consulting with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Jawline contouring with Botox

Botox injected into the masseters and along the platysma can be used to contour the jaw. Botox can be combined with filler injections in certain cases as well. I would consider an in-person consultation with an expert injector. 

Botox and facial slimming

Botox is amazing for facial slimming when injected in the masseter muscle.  Please consult an expert for this advanced technique.  Best, Dr. Green

Jawline Contouring -- Fillers, Sculptra, Fat, VASER Hi Def Lipo, Botox, Ultherapy/Thermage, Kybella

There are many options for jawline contouring.  I suggest seeing an expert who uses a number of treatment options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

More oval look desired.

Botox injected into the "angle of the jaw" debulks the masseter muscle making the area less angular.  I can't grasp why weight loss would have made your face more oval and find that confusing.  It looks like your jaw has a bony prominence in that region so to assess the benefit of botox one would need to palpate the jaw muscle while you are clenching to determine how helpful it might be.
Best advice is to meet with a plastic surgeon or dermatologist to be evaluated.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, Am Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, Am. Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Softening jawline

There are several great treatments for softening jawline. These include fillers as well as Botox injections.
The key thing is to have a thorough consultation and assessment prior to proceeding with any treatments.
I hope that helps and best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

How to Soften Jawline?

10 kilos is a significant weight change so it follows your face would change in shape. I think your face shape is quite pretty as it is! If you really are down about it and want to effect a change, you could have Botox injected into your masseter muscles to slim the face in the area of the jawline. It will take multiple treatments up to 1 year and perhaps some maintenance injections thereafter. Wishing you continued good health! 

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician