I weigh 219lbs. 5'6" with a BMI of 34. I would like to know a close estimate of how much a tummy tuck would cost me in Huntsville,AL. if I paid cash. I have attached photos of my tummy to give a better idea. I know having the surgery will not make me healthier, but I would like to do this in the very near future. Sort of a jump start to my mommy makeover.
How Much Does a Tummy Tuck Cost in Huntsville, Alabama?
Doctor Answers 6
Costs of Surgery
In considering the cost of a Tummy Tuck, you should look at the components of the cost:
1. Surgeons Fee. This is usually the greatest part of the overall cost and can vary immensly from location to location (just like the cost of living varies in each location) as well as in the same location, it can vary from surgeon to surgeon. Usually, a surgeon commanding a higher price is very experienced and has very good results reliably, and is very busy due to the above. This also depends on if a circumferential, tummy tuck, extended tummy tuck, full tummy tuck, mini tummy tuck, and skin only tummy tuck is performed. These are usually less expensive in decreasing order.
2. Anesthesia Fee. This can vary depending on if a board certified MD anesthesiologist is used, vs. a nurse anesthetist, vs. a non-certified nurse, vs. only local anesthesia (an awake procedure). Obviously, the further you go down the line, the cheaper the price. You do get what you pay for.
3. Facility Fee. This can vary if it is a a state/medicare certified facility, vs. the back of a doc's office.
4. Accessories. This includes things like a pain pump, Exparol injections (72 hour long lasting numbing), garments, tissue glues, etc. These are not necessary for a great result, just add to the comfort of a result.
5. Revision. Usually a revision such as dog ears or lowering the scar, or a seroma, is much less that the original surgery, but this depends entirely on what exactly is being done.
6. Add on surgeries are usually discounted, as in a mommy makeover.
7. Insurance. If an insurance based surgery, such as a hernia repair is done at the same time, the tummy tuck may be discounted.
As with anything in life, buyer beware of risks of cutting corners in surgery.
Real Self has average costs of every operations in your location that you can peruse before seeing a surgeon, but keep in mind that the above quality can change from office to office. Choose a surgeon that you are very comfortable with and is board certified.
Pablo Prichard, MD
How Much Does a Tummy Tuck Cost in Huntsville, Alabama?
Thanks for the question. When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.
In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways. I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.
You might also like...
Tummy Tuck Cost in Huntsville, Alabama
To ensure that you are receiving quality work with personalized care at the most cost effective prices, consult with board certified plastic surgeons that own their own nationally accredited facilities. The quality must be maintained at the highest level to maintain accreditation. The surgeons also have incentive to hire and train quality staff (to ensure that surgery is efficient and enjoyable), to ensure comfortable and private facilities (to encourage referral), and to eliminate waste (to ensure that these facilities can compete effectively).
Why Tummy Tuck Costs Varies
The price is dependent on many factors - is it a mini, full or extended abdominoplasty such as a fleur de lis pattern where redundant skin is removed from the center as well as the bottom of the abdomen? Is it skin only or does it include tightening of the muscles? Will Liposuction also be necessary? Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay or in an independent out-patient facility? Will a surgical assistant be needed? Will a board-certified anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist be used? Will an (anti) pain pump be used?
All of these factors influence the cost. In Orange County, the estimated range is $7000- $15,000+ depending on the variables above
Cost of tummy tuck
Cost of tummy tuck varies depending on the followings: 1) Surgeon's fee, 2) Anesthesia fee, and 3) Facility fee. All of the above will depend on the amount of time needed to perform your surgery. For instance, a patient needing two-hour tummy tuck will be charged less than another person needing four-hour extended tummy tuck. Tummy tuck is a great procedure to contour the abdomen, especially for moms who have excess skin and fat as well as stretched out muscle. Tummy tuck should be done when one is at a stable weight. Given your photos, I would encourage you to lose some more weight; then, your result will be better.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.