Tummy Tuck, Brazilian Butt Lift, and Breast Augmentation Advice?

I want to get a Tummy Tuck, Brazilian Butt Lift, and Breast Augmentation. The doctor I'm considering said it is possible to get all three at once, and also suggested I can have the Brazilian Butt Lift and Tummy Tuck, then Breast Augmentation 3 months later. What are your recommendations? Has anyone done this and can give me some advice?

Multiple Surgeries

I would not do all that at one time. It is way too much surgery and way too much risk and way too long of anesthesia time. I would breast them up. Do the tummy tuck and brazilian butt lift at one sitting and the breast surgery at the other.

The brazilian butt lift surgery takes time and can not and should not be rushed to achieve optimal results. The fat needs to be injected in small increments to achieve a nice result, so it just takes time.

Good luck.

Multiple procedures are possible, but may not be safe

Dear Ari_ana,

Just because something is "possible", it does not mean that one is safe doing it. (Consider cliff diving, swimming with sharks and other "extreme" activities...)

The more procedures you have, the more you pay, the more your surgeon earns, the more you are transformed (good or bad), the longer your recovery, the more risks you take and the higher the risk of serious complications (infection and blood clots to the lungs).

EVEN IF you suffered no serious complications from this body transforming combination, your recovery will NOT be pleasant. There are only a few areas which have not been operated on and which are not going to be sore.

Running the bases in Baseball is ALWAYS safer than going for the home runs and striking out. Although I can always squeeze in more procedures in some patients, personally, I detest complications and want my patients to have short recoveries. I would advise you to consider doing it in two sessions.

I hope this answered your questions.

BBL, Breast Augmentation and TTL Same Time

In my practice it is common for me to perform all of the procedures you mentioned at the same time. However, I use an assistant to save total operative time with the goal less than 6 hours of surgery (often far less than that) to minimize potential complications and for a speedier recovery. Sometimes there are even less scarring as for straight augmentations, I place the implants using the TT incision without the need for breast scars. My patients following a TT with or without a BBL stay in a reclining chair the first week. A flat tempurpedic pillow beneath your back and upper thighs will offload pressure on your buttocks. The benefit is only one surgery, only one recovery (you heal from all procedures simultaneously) and that you can use the fat that would normally be discarded from the tummy tuck. Pros and cons of this decision should be part of your in depth consultation with your plastic surgeon including the increased risk of complications with long surgeries and how to prevent them. Your plastic surgeon will guide you into making the best decision in your individual case. The most important decision is picking the best plastic surgeon experienced in this technique. See link regarding finding the best surgeon for combined surgeries.
#BB,TT,BAatSameTime

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Tummy tuck and bbl - best as staged procedures

Thank your for your question. A tummy tuck can address the skin and muscle laxity of the abdominal region as well as reducing the excess fatty tissue. A brazilian butt lift helps to shape the buttock by borrowing fat from one part (or several) and transferring this fat to another. They are both extremely rewarding procedures. The best approach for a patient who wants to have both procedures is to stage them and possibly start with the BBL. Here is why:
1) A brazilian butt lift is transferring fat from one area to the buttock. One common donor area is the tummy. Once the fat is transferred, you need to keep pressure off the buttock as this allows new blood supply to develop to the newly grafted fat cells. Any stress such as pressure can reduce the efficacy of this process and hence you may lose some fat. Hence, no sitting or laying on your bottom for ~2 weeks.
2) A tummy tuck is removing excess skin and tightening the muscle as well as remove extra fat. To make the skin removal efficient and protect the incision, you surgeon will often remove skin while your hips are flexed. You will need to maintain this position after surgery for about a week. This will required you to sleep in a recliner position for a good week. In addition, l often combine liposuction of the abdomen and flanks as part of this procedure and once this fat is removed, it cannot be stored for the brazilian buttock lift in the future.
Since the recovery process for these two popular procedures compete, I would recommend staging them. If you are surgeon is needing as much donor areas to recruit as much fat as possible, then I would start with the brazilian buttock lift so you can use the abdominal and flank regions as donor areas. In addition, I would combine the tummy tuck and breast augmentation together as the recovery position of the tummy tuck and breast augmentation are complementary.

Multiple procedures

It is certainly possible to offer multiple procedures to be done in the same setting, as long as you are healthy and the surgery can be done within a reasonable amount of time.

How to perform a tummy tuck, Brazilian Butt lift and breast augmentation.

Tummy tucks are a very popular and effective technique to contour the abdomen. The effects of a tummy tuck may be complimented with a breast augmentation and a Brazilian Butt lift. Although a breast augmentation can safely be done at the same time as either a tummy tuck or a Brazilian Butt lift, it is not recommended to perform a tummy tuck with a Brazilian Butt lift. When patients are considering these procedures they need to keep in mind the individual recovery requirements for each surgery. The recovery process for a tummy tuck is the opposite of the recovery process for a Brazilian Butt lift. After a tummy tuck, patients must rest on their butt and often in a seated or flexed position. After a Brazilian Butt lift, patients cannot rest on their Butt and must lie face down. Because of these different recovery requirements, we recommend that patients who are interested in both procedures receive them separately. They may receive a breast augmentation with either procedure.

To learn more about tummy tucks, see photos, and help you decide which one is best for you, please visit us at the link below:

Pat Pazmino, MD

I would not combine procedures which require differing postoperative positioning

Hi there-

This is a question that comes up often.

I personally would not recommend undergoing Brazilian Butt Lift, Abdominoplasty, and Breast Enhancement at the same time for several reasons:

1. The length of the operation- the longer an operation is, the greater the risk for you.
  2. After a Tummy Tuck, you will need to be a bit bent at the waist for comfort, and lying on your abdomen will be uncomfortable.
  3. After breast enhancement, I would not want you lying on your abdomen, or on your sides for a few weeks.
  4. After a Brazilian Butt Lift, I would ONLY want you lying on your sides or abdomen, and NOT AT ALL on your back.

The whole point of pursuing these procedures, I assume, is to achieve the very best possible outcome, right?

I also assume you want to avoid problems after surgery as much as possible.

If these two assumptions are valid for most women, then combining these procedures would not be how I would recommend you proceed.

Here's the bottom line- most Board Certified Anesthesiologists would agree that if you are a healthy person, the risks of going to sleep twice (say 6-8 weeks apart) are MUCH LOWER than the risks to you of staying asleep for 5-8 hours and having a very limiting recovery period.

I agree with my colleague from Memphis- there are many things in plastic surgery that are "possible", but it turns out that some of these are not in the best interests of the patient.

Brazilian Butt lift and multiple procedures.

Tummy tucks and brazilian butt lifts are frequrntly performed together as can be seen in the attached video below.The length of time under general anesthesia will vary with the amount of fat to be injected as well as the extensiveness of the tummy tuck. While mentation is certainly possible, it really depends on how complex the tummy tuck isaddition of breast aug