Too much Bellafill in cheeks. What can be done to balance the look of my face?

Face looks normal when I'm not smiling. When I smile I have more of an angler profile and have little round balls sitting in my cheeks.

Bellafill and Results

Generally, it takes 6 months to see optimal results from Bellafill. If you are unhappy after this time I suggest 5fu/steroid injections and venus legacy or exilis treatments to even out the results. Please see an expert who treats a significant amount of filler complications.  Best, Dr. Emer

Bellafill in cheeks

If the Bellafill is injected too superficially, as with any filler in the cheeks, you will see it when you smile. If it is early on, wait at least 6 months to see how it ends up. There is some swelling initially and the end result doesn't look exactly like it does immediately after the injection. If you are more than 6 months out, you can try 5FU or collagenase to reduce the collagen build up around the Bellafill. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Thank you for your question. Bellafill is a permanent filler. It can either be surgically removed or additional fillers can be injected surrounding the area to feather the transition between the injected area and normal skin. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to have the area evaluated and to discuss treatment options that best suit your needs.

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD

Bellafill for the Cheeks

Since Bellafill is made up of a very small amount of PMMA micro beads that cause bio-stimulation of your own collagen, it is important to wait at least 6 months to see the ultimate results.  In the first 3 months you will absorb the bovine collagen that mostly makes up the volume that is initially injected with Bellafill and replace it with your own immature or firm collagen.  In the ensuing months, this immature collagen is usually replaced with soft collagen that usually gives a much softer look.
I hope that helps.
Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon