What are the most legit scar care options for a tummy tuck scar?
Doctor Answers 11
Scar treatment for tummy tucks
The reason you will not find a lot of patient reviews on this product is because it's relatively new. Most plastic surgeons don't even know about it or use it yet.
Embrace Advanced Scar Therapy For Scarring
I recommend Embrace Advanced Scar Therapy to almost all of my tummy tuck patients. The difference between Embrace and other methods of scar improvement is simply that Embrace really works!
While Embrace is one of the newer scar management treatments, there is no shortage of clinical data supporting its superior ability to maximize the results of cosmetic surgery procedures. The extensive research conducted at Stanford University was what initially attracted me to Embrace and led me to offer this treatment to my patients. At my practice in Houston, I have been using the device for tummy tucks, breast surgeries, body lift procedures, arm lifts, scar revisions, and facial lacerations—all with incredible results that mirror those reported in the clinical studies.
There is an additional cost associated with Embrace, but my patients consistently report that the results are well worth it. In addition to the aesthetic benefits achieved with Embrace, many patients report that the device has the added benefit of an increased feeling of security around their incision sites during their initial healing stage. So I can say with authority that, although the information and answers on this site are helpful, there is no replacement for meeting in person with a reputable board-certified plastic surgeon who has expertise in abdominoplasty surgery and scar minimization.
You might also like...
Scar care after tummy tuck
Pablo Prichard, MD
Best Scar Therapy for Tummy Tuck - Embrace Scar Therapy By Far!
Embrace has been extensively studied in clinical trials which conclusively demostrated its superiority to other scar treatments in aesthetic surgeries. In my practice, we tried to use it for all procedures, but found it was not well tolerated in most breast surgeries. However, the results in tummy tucks, body lifts, arm lifts and thigh lifts are amazing.Embrace pads are silicone gel pads that are loaded under tension. Think of it as silicone sheeting on steroids. The added benefit of the tension in the pad, takes tension off the scar, thus making the scar heal better. Silicone gel has long been shown to be effective in scar management and minimization. The Embrace pads take that one step further by relieving tension off the scar. This is proven by all of the happy patients that myself and other early adopters of Embrace have seen over the past few years since its release.… SHOW MORE
Using Embrace Active Scar Defense for your TT Scar
There are many factors that influence the final scar from a procedure. The most important factor that we can’t control is our DNA. However, tension is also a factor that can worsen scars. You might want to consider Embrace Active Scar Defense. Relieving the tension on the incision can decrease or prevent scar formation before it starts. You should consult with your board-certified plastic surgeon regarding this product. Unlike passive products that just sit on top of the scar and don’t have any clinical studies, Embrace is an active scar product with real clinical studies to back it up. Good luck on your scar therapy research!
Scar care options following tummy tucks
Best scar treatments...
1. the placement and meticulous repair of the incision at the time of surgery is critical to an inconspicuous scar
2. Use of Prineo skin closure system is very helpful. This is an Ethicon product consisting of an adhesive tape applied to the closed incision at the time of surgery. It's glued in place with a type of suprtglue similar to Dermabond. I've found it to be very helpful for largerincisions like abdominoplasty. It's a little costly but well worth the price.
3. After the Prineo tape falls off in about 3 weeks I recommend Biocorneum or Kelocot, both are silicone products you can purchase online. Or just use any silicone cream or pad, no huge differences.
4. Embrace is an excellent product for postop, it is a little expensive but also does work f you apply it early in healing period.
5. Once a scar is mature after a few months most of these treatments are not effective.
Ther you have it, I hope that helps a bit.