5'9" 145lbs - what is the best cc size for me? (Photo)

I am trying to figure out what size is best for me. I have looked at reviews of women who have similar stats to mine 5'9 145lbs and I like the look of 600cc and above on that height and weight?

Breast Implant Sizing

Height and weight are almost completely irrelevant to proper implant sizing. Your aesthetic goal is best determined by in office sizing in front of a mirror.  More important than that is determining your anatomic capacity.  Going beyond that in search of an aesthetic goal will vastly increase your risk of complications and reoperation. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in cosmetic breast surgery.

5'9" 145lbs - what is the best breast implant cc size for me?

Thank you for your question.  You have very nice breast anatomy and should be able to achieve an excellent result after breast augmentation.  It is important to understand that the size of implant will be based on a measurement of the base width of your breast.  Once her surgeon has measured the base with he or she will consult the chart which will tell the surgeon the best base size of implant for you.  Generally speaking there are moderate profile plus, high profile all dry profile and low profile implants.  The higher profile implants have a narrower base with so you could accommodate a larger implant in the high profile and you could moderate or low-profile implant.  Your plastic surgeon will help you with these decisions.  Your starting from a very nice place and should have an excellent result.  The 600 cc implants are very large and could be cumbersome.  For more on sizing please read the link below:

Large breast implants = higher risk for complications

Thank you for your question and photos. 

Your wish pictures are beautiful, however, those results will not last for very long.  Please be aware that the larger the breast implant, the sooner you will need corrective surgery to put them back where they belong. The forces of gravity unfortunately, do not cease to exist on your chest. So, you either need to choose smaller implants or you will need to wear strong/supportive undergarments 24/7 to minimize skin stretch deformities and irreversible soft tissue damage typically caused by large implants. I strongly suggest you do your homework and research the risks and complications associated with large implants (>400cc). This site is an excellent start. Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. There is a lot that goes into picking the right implant that will best fit your body. During your consultation we take several measurements including your base width, these measurements help us give you a range of implants that would best fit the width of the breast. Once we have these measurements then we have you try on different implant sizers to give you an idea of what the implant would look like. I also recommend that you bring a sports bra and a tight fitting T shirt to your consultation to give you an idea of how the implants will look in clothes. I caution you against picking an implant based on how it looks in someone else's photo. Everyone has different characteristics of their breast tissue and different widths of their chest. What works for you does not work for someone else and vice versa. You do not want to pick an implant that is too wide for your chest because then the implant will sit laterally outside of your native breast tissue. The best thing to do is find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and go in for a consultation. The 600 cc implant may end up working well with your frame, but there may be another size that is better suited for you. Best of luck. 

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Choosing a breast implant size

Thank you for your question and for attaching photos. There are numerous factors that go into choosing an implant size. Your surgeon should take measurements of your breasts including the base diameter, which is the width of your breast. Once you have the base diameter, you and your surgeon can choose an implant size that will fit within the base diameter. The quality of your skin also will play a factor in choosing an implant size. You should be able to achieve the look in the picture you have shown, using a high profile or ultra-high profile and not using as large of an implant. Vectra 3D imaging is very helpful for patients when trying to choose between sizes. It will give you a realistic expectation as to what your breast size will be after surgery. 600cc is certainly on the larger size of implants. The long term complication rates are higher with implants above around 450cc. I am not trying to talk you into going smaller, you should realize the complication rates are higher with larger implants. This said, the number one complaint is I wish I went larger. There are pros and cons with different sizes so make sure you discuss those with your surgeon. Good luck.

What is the best implant size?

There is no way to reliably pick which implant is right based upon your measurements alone and implant "CCs." Many things such as your skin quality, breast width, skin elasticity, existing breast tissue, chest wall shape and implant size and implant fill all contribute to your ultimate "look" after augmentation. 

No physician can predict what each implant will do on your body until they are "sized in surgery." However, cup size is traditionally very inaccurate measurement scale (you likely wear different cup sizes in different manufacturers now). 

The best way to achieve the look you want after augmentation is first a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and adequate communication with your surgeon. This is accomplished through the consult, exam, measurements, anatomic assessment and then in-office sizing. We also encourage patients to bring in photos of the "look" they are trying to achieve. Once all of this has been accomplished, the patient needs to put their trust into their physician to make the "best choice" of likely imperfect options. Then, you will get your "version" of your ideal outcome. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Implant sizing

Implant sizing for augmentation is a big decision for patients.  To be pleased with your ultimate outcome, you must be honest with yourself and your plastic surgeon.  Good communication is key.  600cc implants are a generous volume but it does appear that your desired outcome requires a generous volume.  However, can you get a nice shape, volume, and projection with 500 or even 400cc implants?  Sure.

Larger implants can be worn well especially in taller patients with wider chest widths.  More petite patients with this type of volume tend to look very 'false' and out of proportion with the rest of their body.  Going large can also make clothing purchases more difficult.  Do you wear a size 6 in fitted dresses now?  You will need a new wardrobe and possibly alterations with large implants especially if you want a tailored look.  Keep in mind that 600cc silicone implants will add about 2.8 lbs to your breasts which can feel somewhat significant on anyone's frame.  If you are very active in a sport, large implants can create difficulty in finding sports bras to serve you and large breasts can begin to feel like a burden.  Also, over time, larger implants (larger and heavier breasts) may not age as well as a more modest size due to the stretch on the skin and tissues.  I point out these issues to my patients only because I want them to feel good and look good with their implants for many many years and avoid more difficult revision surgeries in the future.  650cc is the largest augmentation implant size that I have used in recent years and I do few in this size range.  700-800cc implants make just about anyone look top heavy and wide (with any profile).  I am hoping that surgeons and patients will continue to recognize the issues inherent in going large with augmentation and we will see a continued trend towards more modest augmentation moving forward (as was originally intended with breast augmentation).

Best of luck to you and I am hoping you will be thrilled with your result!

Size of implants

Thank you for the question and photos.  It's difficult to compare women to one another on implant size or cc's.  Minor differences in shoulder width, breast width, and amount of breast tissue prior to surgery will make the same implants look very different on two people.   l like to use the Mentor Volume sizing system to help determine the right volume (cc) of implant to use and then using your measurements and implant style to determine the final size and style of implant. A 600 cc implant on you would make you a DD to a DDD most likely.  Hopefully this helps!

Best Wishes!

Jamie Moenster, DO
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question and photos. This question is best answered in the office, where you can be measured and examined. Generally, it is also best to have the opportunity to try on several sizers to see how the implants fit your frame. The best outcomes typically occur when the implant and patients' frame match and are proportional to the rest of the body. It's hard to make an accurate guess on implant size based on one photo without any information on the patients height, frame size, or preexisting breast size, but if I am guessing, this goal or dream pic is smaller than a 600cc implant. 

I would suggest doing the rice test at home. Take a pair of nylons, fill each with dry rice ( 1 ounce = approx 30 cc ) and wear that inside your bra for a day. It will give you a good idea of how much added volume will make you feel. 

You should have several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons before making any final decisions. 

As always, best to be healthy, no smoking, and make sure any health concerns you have are managed by your primary care md. 

Best to you.

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

5'9" 145lbs - what is the best cc size for me?

Focus on the look not the cc or cup size. Patient's often regret decisions based on extraneous factors as you may end up with suboptimal result. Bra's vary from store to store, and cc's mean nothing in isolation. You should be measured during your consult and offered implants within a 5mm window of those measurements in multiple styles. For what's its worth, in my experience a dimensionally sound mod+ profile tends to go from an A+/B- to the magical full C or small D. A high profile (or SRF) would be about 100ccs larger to maintain the same base width and more like a Full D but VS will call it a DD or DDD, particularly in a 32-34. Ultimately, try on the different styles and look in the mirror. When you see the look you like, pick that style! This requires a consult, exam, measurements and sizing with a board certified plastic surgeon. My patients select the implant style and their chest dimensions dictate the number of cc's. I make specific recommendations to each and every of the augmentation patients I see annually based on: 1) dimensional planning 2) expressed goals 3) amount and quality of tissue to hide the implant. I have included a link with my explanation of the different implants and what to expect from your consult as well as hundreds of before and after photos to see what change implants of a particular size deliver. Best of luck. #drfeldman #BancroftFeldman #breastaugmentation #sugarland #HoustonTX