How Do I Transfer my Invisalign Prescription to Another Dentist?

Frustratingly long story short, I want to change dentists and at the end of my invisalign treatment. The anchor points have been removed, though I can still feel them if I scratch with my finger nail. I am in retention retainers now. Is it possible to have replacements filled by a different, less inept dentist?

Doctor Answers 4

How Do you Transfer your Invisalign Prescription to Another Dentist?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The process is very simple. Once you are established with your new dentist, he can make the request and have you sign a document he will then submitt to Invisalign. Your former dentist may need your permission before he releases any information. Nothing for you to worry about!

Fairfax Dentist

Transferring to another dentist to complete invisalign treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If you are wearing retainers you have completed treatment already.  If you are interested in transferring to another dentist you should be able to do it.  Invisalign will provide your new dentist with forms that need to be filled out to arrange the transfer

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Dentist
5.0 out of 5 stars 3 reviews

Invisalign case transfer

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If all you need is just a new retainer you don’t need to transfer your whole case over. Any orthodontist can just make you a new set of retainers. If additional movements still need to be done by Invisalign there is a special form they use which you and your previous dentist need to sign and send over to them. Then your whole case with all the images gets transferred to the new person you choose to continue your treatment.

Tanya Vaysman, DMD
New York Orthodontist

Transfering Invisalign to Another Dentist

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Sounds to me like you've already completed the Invisalign treatment, Invisalign has a process for transferring your ClinChek and records to another Invisalign certified dentist. The new dentist can look into it and arrange the transfer.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Dentist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.