Can I stop using Minoxidil after prp + acell treatment?

I'm 19 and just recently underwent prp + acell treatment about 5 weeks ago. I am wondering if I can stop using minoxidil daily, a treatment I have been using for the past 3 months or so.

Minoxidil with PRP+ACell Treatment

There haven't been any clinical studies to show effectiveness of this combination of Minoxidil and PRP, but I'd suggest continuing to use the Minoxidil as it works differently than PRP to simulate hair follicles and help with hair growth. 

Minoxidil

Minoxidil is intended for continued use. I would recommend continuing using it consistently and as directed for your hair loss. 

Kristin J. Tarbet MD, FACS
Bellevue Oculoplastic Surgeon

Minoxidil and PRP

In my opinion it is best to use the medication with the PRP & A-Cell. This will give you better results as well as you will still need to have PRP maintenance after that, usually I suggest one treatment every 6 months, depending on results and your expectations. Please consult a professional in your area. 

David Ikudayisi, MD
Tampa Internist