Is it ok to get PRP for Hair Loss if you have higher testosterone levels?

I have had prp done twice. Both times I had a lot of shedding but after a few months my hair grew back thicker and with some wave to it. I had my last treatment done 9 months ago and at the 7 month mark my hair went from thick to a lot thinner. I am wanting to know if you are on steroids for testosterone from your doctor is it bad to get prp for your hair?

PRP Treatment for Hair Loss

PRP is effective even with higher testosterone levels. We recommend having a thorough consultation with an experienced Hair Transplant Surgery Physician to go over all your options for hair loss. 

Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP Treatment for Hair Loss

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP and testosterone

Having high testosterone does not preclude you from PRP treatment. It sounds like to me, that you are ready for another treatment. I recommend after the initial 4 treatments that patients get treated again once per year.

PRP and testosterone

Understanding prp and progesterone for hair loss treatments

This is fine. PRP (platelet rich plasma) is a process using the patient's platelets and growth factors the whole blood. It is processed then reinjected. I also use progesterone injections with great success. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a hair loss expert to go over best options. Best, Dr. Emer