Would it be safe to get lip fillers (Juvederm) the day before having a Brazilian butt lift ?

Bbl liposuction

Lip fillers before BBL

Dear Angie2193,

Thank you for your clinical post. Lip augmentation with any products such as Juvederm can certainly be safe to undergo one day prior to a Brazilian butt lift. However, there is going to be a ventilation tube in all probability that is placed between your teeth. This can exert pressure on the lip, which may distort and deform or otherwise alter the lip shape that you’ve just enhanced with Juvederm. You can certainly discuss with the surgeon and anesthetist about your butt lift procedure and if it’s being performed under local anesthesia this won’t be an issue. If you are having an intubation or a tube placed down your throat you may want them to use a tooth block to ensure that the lips don’t get undo pressure from the tube.

Alternatively, you could simply wait until after the Brazilian butt lift when this won’t be an issue.

I hope this information is of some assistance and best of luck.

To find out more, please visit the link below.

R. Stephen Mulholland, M.D.
Certified Plastic Surgeon
Yorkville, Toronto

Juvederm before butt lifting

I dont see why not, but my suggestion would be to use the fat from the surgery into your lips. Best, Dr. Emer.

Shouldn't be an issue

Thanks for the question, I don't think it should be an issue getting fillers the day before a BBL.  The only issue is that you will have a tube in your mouth, and likely be on your belly at some point during the operation.  There is the potential the filler could get pushed around in that early critical period and distort the results.  i would either wait until afterwards, or have your surgeon inject your lips at the end of the case while you are asleep.  If you are having a BBL and fat grafting, another option is to use some of that fat and inject it into the lips rather than filler.  Fat is going to be more permanent than filler.  Hope this helpsGood Luck

Lip fillers before surgery

It is probably ok, but any procedure has risks. You are probably better off doing it after your surgery.

Lip Augmentation with Juvederm before Brazilian Butt Lift???

In a properly done lip augmentation a filler is carefully injected in various areas of the lip to enhance BOTH deficient volume as well as to bring our some of its distinctive structures (such as the Cupid's Bow and philtral columns). 
There is not much point of doing so and then having you lay on your face with a plastic airway crossing your lips delivering oxygen and anesthesia gas the next day. Doing so MAY deform the goals achieved a day earlier.

Alternatively, IF your Plastic surgeon is doing the lip, why not ask him to inject the lip at the and of your surgery??

Good Luck.

Peter Aldea  MD
Memphis, TN

Hello Angie2193,

If you are receiving general anesthesia or will be placed on your stomach for the procedure, then I would wait until after.  The reason is that if you have general anesthesia, the breathing tube can push the filler to the wrong spot.  The same is true if they are putting you on your stomach.  If you can get the filler at least 14 days before your surgery, you should be fine.  I would recommend you discuss this with your injector prior to any treatment.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Fillers and Cosmetic Surgery

If you are going to have general anesthesia I would wait until after your surgery for lip fillers.  Best, Dr. Green