In regards to lip fillers, is 1 cc or vial of Juvederm enough to fill the lips? (photos)

I also see that there's different versions of juvederm. Is one better than another?

In regards to lip fillers, is 1 cc or vial of Juvederm enough to fill the lips

Thank you for your question.  Your are a great candidate for a filler.  You would only need 0.5-1cc of filler.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best Wishes

With Regard to lip fillers—I enjoy filling lips. I cc of Juvederm is enough to fill your lips. However it depends on your aesthetic goals. I do many lips and would be happy to see you. Swelling, slight bruising and slight tenderness are common side effects.

Jeanine B. Downie, MD
Montclair Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Injections

I recommend to start with one syringe of filler to the lips. I think it is best to be conservative and it is always possible to add additional filler if you desire additional volume. There are several products available for lips. I would recommend to seek an experienced injector and they should be able to determine with you what is the ideal product.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm for the Lips

Dear Agirox13,

1cc should give you a beautiful, natural but noticeable result!

Dr. Michelle Yagoda

Michelle R. Yagoda, MD

Juviderm to the Lips

Yes, 1 cc of Juviderm should give you a great result.  In my experience it is best to start with 1cc and re-evaluate after two weeks.  It is easier to add more than remove from an overfilled lip.

Jessica Lattman, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm and Lips and One syringe

I definitely think that one syringe will be enough to fill the lips to the desired effect.  You will see the effects immediately and can decide at that point if you want more product injected.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip injection, Juvederm

Thanks for your question and for your photo.

One cc of Juvederm usually fills the lips to the desired size.  Wait two weeks after the first injection to decide if you want them larger or to adjust any asymmetries.

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Juviderm for the Lips

Thank you for posting your photos with your question. There are 2 types of Juviderm: Ultra, which is lighter and Ultra Plus, which is more viscous. A 1 cc syringe of Juviderm, which is a Hyaluronic Acid filler, is sufficient to augment your lips. I recommend that you bring a photograph of a women's lips, that you like, to your consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced with lip injections. This will give the injector a very good idea of the size and shape of the lips that you desire and which Juviderm to use. When in doubt, use the Juviderm Ultra, because it is softer and you can always add more.  Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Lip fillers

Thank you for your question.  1 syringe of Juvederm Ultra may be enough volume for your lips, but it is truly dependent upon what you desire.  The great thing about fillers like Juvederm is they can be added slowly over time, so you can start with 1 syringe and then revaluate your lips in a week or two and decide if further volume or shaping is needed.  The different versions of Juvederm has to do with particle size and potential volumization.  I suggest you follow up with your board certified Dermatologist for further evaluation and management.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

How much filler to use in lips

Hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvederm and Restylane can be great options to enhance the volume an shape of the lip.  It is important when considering a treatment like this to consult with a physician who is an expert in injectables; it will greatly enhance the success of the treatment results.   For first time patients, it is never a bad idea to start with 1 syringe of filler in the lips.  After 1-2 weeks, more filler can be added if desired.  Make sure to have an open conversation about expectations of results prior to treatment.  With lip filler, it is always worth mentioning that most patients have a very noticeable swelling for the first 24-48 hours followed by a lesser swelling for 1-2 weeks.  Sometimes patients mistake the swelling for the results; wait 10-14 days before judging results.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon