What are different ways to fix a chipped tooth and how much does it cost? (photo)

I chipped my front tooth when I was little and now I'm looking to get it fixed. I was wondering what options would be the best and different price options. Thanks

Front tooth chipped solutions

In your case, something conservative like teeth bonding, also known as dental bonding, is a quick, safe, and incredibly effective way to address your chipped tooth. Unlike other dental restorations, teeth bonding can be applied, cured, and finished within a single office visit. When cared for properly, teeth bonding is capable of lasting for several years before needing to be reapplied. The cost for it varies but it could be from $150-280, every dental office is different. You can also consider porcelain veneer, this thin piece of ceramic which bond to your tooth are most commonly used for brightening teeth, enhancing your smile, and covering any unsightly discoloration. It's more costly, but it does not stain or changes color like bonding could.

Fairfax Dentist

Chipped tooth

From what I can gather on the photo you provided, it looks like you have a chipped central right incisor.I would recommend that have the tooth evaluated by your dentist to rule our further damage to the tooth and surrounding tissue.   Once this has been determined, it can be repaired with a simple bonding procedure using tooth colored material.

As for costs, this can vary based on your area.  In the US, the average cost from this type of restoration is between $200-$350. If done well, the material will hold up for many years.  After the repair, you will need to be careful and avoid heaving biting on the tooth.  Best of luck!

Rami Jandali, DMD, MS
Farmington Prosthodontist

Chipped tooth

There are several ways to fix a chipped tooth. The most cost effective is to bond the edge. This is easy to do and should last fairly well. You will need to be careful about biting into foods as it can pull off. Your second choice is to do a veneer. This would run higher in cost and require tooth structure removal. I suggest trying bonding first. You can always move up to a veneer is you are having problems with the filling breaking.