Tightness and Pulling Feeling a Week After Breast Augmentation?

I had a breast augmentation almost a week and a half ago. On my right side (my dominant side) about two days ago I noticed that there was a tightness as my pain went away that was almost like a pulling feeling when I was standing up straight or sitting with my shoulders back. The right breast is also slightly more swollen than the left, and I have read that these symptoms could be signs of a hematoma. Just wondering what doctors opinions on this would be. The right breast is also a bit firmer.

Tightness post breast augmentation

It is not unusual to have tightness and firmness after a breast augmentation as there is some swelling in the tissue. To be suggestive of a haematoma you usually see a significant size difference and have a significant amount more pain on the affested side

If you have concerns though you should contact your surgeon and undergo an examination to establish if there is a problem

Jeremy Hunt

Breast aymmetry #cosmeticsurgery

Dear LisaMarieG

Thank you for your question!  You are early in the healing process and there can be the odd sensation or pain that comes and goes and differential swelling in your breasts- HOWEVER- if you have concerns - PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SURGEON ASAP!

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Tightness and pulling 1 week after breast augmenation

It's difficult to say without photos, but the pain you experienced may be attributed to the natural healing process since you are just over one week post-op.  If you are right handed, you may be a bit more swollen as well.  Definitely see your surgeon for a follow up appointment so you can have an in-office exam to rule out hematoma and gain peace of mind.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Firmness After Breast Augmentation

The best answer will come from your plastic surgeon after he or she examines you.  You should return to him or her for this type of advice.

Dr. ES

Tightness after beast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question.

Without a thorough examination there is no way of knowing what it is that you are experiencing. You are still in the early stages of healing but if you are concern you should definitely seek your PS.

Good luck to you.

Tightness after a breast augmentation

If your breasts are the same size then a hematoma is unlikely.  Some pain is not unusual due to stretching of the sensory nerves by the implant.  Over the next 6 weeks this should improve. 

BREAST AUGMENT

Hematomas can present late but they are usually associated with immense pain and huge obvious swelling and skin color changes. Both sides of breast augmentations surgery do not heal the same, follow up with your surgeon but sound like you should be ok

Tightness and pulling after breast augmentation

Preferences § 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - = Backspace   Tab q w e r t y u i o p [ ]   Return     capslock a s d f g h j k l ; ' \   shift ` z x c v b n m , . / shift     English     Deutsch   Español   Français   Italiano   Português   Русский   alt alt     Preferences

The symptoms you describe may or may not be normal after a breast augmentation.  They certainly are consistent with a normal postop recovery 10 days after surgery, but the only way to be sure is to be examined by your plastic surgeon.  He/she or any other qualified surgeon is the best way to find out if what you're experiencing is normal. 

Elan B. Singer, MD

Call your surgeon

Unfortunately the only opinion that counts is the one from someone that can examine you. It is possible you have a hematoma that needs surgical drainage, or possibly this is all just normal healing and you are 100% fine. Call your surgeon!

Possible Hematoma after Breast Augmentation

Any change in your breasts should be brought to the attention of your plastic surgeon.   The only way to make the diagnosis is by an in office exam.    

If this is a hematoma, you will need urgent evacuation to stop bleeding and minimize risk of infection or capsular contracture.

This may indeed be normal healing at 1 1/2 weeks, but I would let your plastic surgeon make that determination.  Best wishes.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD