What procedure can remove fat around the knee area? (photo)

I have very fat knee area in the inside and I can't wear short skirt or skinny jeans. This is killing me all my life. I need to do something to get rid of that fat and have my legs straight. Diet doesn't help. Thank you very much.

Liposuction for the Knees

Although you don't see all that much discussion about it on the Web, plastic surgeons often remove fat from the knee area with liposuction. If this is the only procedure you need to feel better about your appearance, it should be very straightforward and involve an easy recovery. You will almost certainly be very happy with the results.

You absolutely do need to find a plastic surgeon with great credentials and lots of liposuction experience, then plan a personal consultation. Even if you only want to concentrate on the knees, you need expert treatment to assure a great outcome. And it could be that you would benefit from additional liposuction which would be logical to plan at the same time, or you may even want to consider a thigh lift. It doesn't appear that you "need" one, but it is certainly impossible to make a definitive recommendation based on one photo.

The ultimate decisions about the extent of cosmetic surgery are always yours to make--but do take advantage of the time you will have in consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon. There's no better way to learn about options.

Elliot Jacobs, M.D.

Lipo Knees

Excess fat around the inside of the knee is easily removed by liposuction. This procedure can be performed on an outpatient basis with local anesthesia or IV sedation. In my West Orange office building, I have an accredited Medicare Approved surgicenter and if sedation is necessary, I use Board Certified Anesthesiologists. The total fee depends on whether it is performed under local anesthesia and whether any other areas are being addressed by liposuction. The total fee for liposuction of the knees only at a Medicare Approved surgicenter with local anesthesia is $1999. If anesthesia is necessary, add another $600.

Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

What procedure can remove fat around the knee area?

An exam would be best for this evaluation.

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Liposuction

Thank you for the picture.

I believe that you will make a good candidate for liposuction, it will benefit your knee area. Ho ever I would like to see additional pictures to see if maybe an inner thigh lift can pull your skin upwards in order to remove the ripples at the knee area.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

It is hard to assess from the photos you may be a good candidate for liposuction or thigh lift combined with lipo.  Schedule an appt with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for consultation.

Remove fat around knee area

Hello and thank you for your question.

I'm not sure how good a candidate you are for liposuction of the knees based on your picture. However, in general, liposuction is the treatment for stubborn fat deposits in that area. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.

Best of luck to you

Knee Woes

Good question and a common concern. Although a consultation is ultimately necessary to determine what's right for you, typically liposuction of the medial knee area will resolve your issue. It does rely on good skin elasticity to achieve an optimal result and this usually is not an issue unless you've had significant weight gain and loss at some point in your adult life. Locate a Plastic Surgeon, Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and schedule a consult. He or she can outline what options are most realistic for you. Best of luck!

Jonathan R. Fugo, DO
Newburgh Plastic Surgeon

Fat knees

Your photo suggests that liposuction of your knees may help. It can however leave the skin loose. A combination of muscle building and liposuction may be best. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for specific advice. Best wishes. 

Many thanks for the question,
You need Liposuction to reduce the fat in your thighs and around the knees.
Wish you all the best

Liposuction of the knees

Based on the photos provided I believe liposuction of the knee area would give you the desired result you are looking for.  Contact a plastic surgeon in your area to discuss.

Marwan R. Khalifeh, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon