Sunless tanner after breast augmentation.

I had a BA one week ago and wonder when I can apply fake tan. I only apply it on the places where it's visible with clothes on. I would obviously avoid the scars with a good margin but can it affect the the implants with infections? I wouldn't apply it below the nipple ( the scars are under the breast)

Tan

Yes it is but no where near your scars.  Remember the skin of your breasts will be extra sensitive to burning so be very careful there.  New incisions are not to be tanned by UV light as long as they are red or they may become darkened in color--usually takes about a year.
Good question!

High Point Plastic Surgeon

Sunless tanner after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.It is fine to apply self tanner as long as you avoid your incisions. Keep them covered. Best of luck and enjoy!

Sunless Tanner

Thank you for your question. You may apply sunless tanner however, make sure that your incision is completely covered while applying. As long as you avoid the incision, you are not at risk of causing infections or harming your implant. Happy healing! 

Self tanner

You may use the self tanning creams or sprays, expect please avoid applying it to the scars. Do stay out of the sun and tanning beds for now, or you could darken your scars.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Self tanner

Thank you for your question. As long as you do not apply it directly to the incisions you can use the self tanner. Good luck with healing.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Sunless tanner

It should be fine to have sunless tanner applied.  I would cover the incisions as well as the nipple area.  Do not use it if there is currently any broken skin.  However, with any question this close to surgery it is always best to check with your surgeon as they are most familiar with how your recovery is progressing.

Camille Cash, MD