Nipple licking/sucking post BA?

Last night My partner licked and sucked on my nipples as part of foreplay for quite abit of time. I'm 4 weeks post op and thought this was no problems until i have now googled it. Can bacteria from his tongue cause an infection at this point? should i have waited longer before his tongue touched my nipples? I do the next day have pain around my nipples. what are the signs of infection from this?

Breast infection

Thank you for your question. No need to worry, infection is unlikely. If you are concerned at all, or have any symptoms of infection, contact your surgeon for his or her opinion. Best of luck.

Breast Augmentation Infection

There is a very low chance of infection in this scenario especially if the incision is away from the nipple (inframammary fold or underarm). Usually a breast augmentation infection presents as drainage from the incision and a general feeling of being tired or sick. You are probably fine but if there are any concerns, I'm sure your surgeon will see you right away. Best wishes!

Possible infection after breast augmentation?

Thank you for your question.  It would be rare to have oral stimulation be the cause of infection to the breasts at four weeks.  Please touch base with your surgeon to get their opinion.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Infection after BA

Hello,  thank you for your sharing your doubts.   You should relax and try to consider that the chance of having an infection after 4 weeks are relatively very low.   Stay in touch with your PS office.  Have a great day. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Nipple contact following breast augmentation

Your concern is understandable based on how you feel today. Searching the internet for answers to this is not as good an idea as checking in with the surgeon who performed your surgery. There are many variables which are not able to be accounted for with a simple google search. Such as, was the incision at the inframammary fold or at the level of the nipple. Was this a primary breast augmentation surgery or was this a capsulectomy with mastopexy and acellular dermal matrix for implant malposition. Each of these operations carries with it many different variables in level of risk of infection and possible complications. A phone call and visit to your plastic surgeon is the best way to ensure that you are going in the correct direction.

Dr. C

Nipple licking/sucking post BA?

Typically signs of infection include redness/warmth/pain possibly associated with fever/chills. You will see signs/symptoms if this were to occur. Based on this and your previous posts, I would suggest that you "take it easy";  avoid any further "contact" around the breasts until cleared by your plastic surgeon. Best wishes.