Uneven skin tone 3 months after liposuction. (photos)

I had liposuction 3 months ago. I have un even skin tone on one side of my stomach. Its been un even from the start. I have line marks under my skin which are hard and have been their from the beginning. Im ashuming their from that metal rod that sucks the fat out of you. Ive got about 4 of these lines. I massage my tummy every day for about 30 min but still their. The holes where the doctor went in have got infected and puss comes out. Only on the side where its un even.

Uneven skin tone 3 months after liposuction.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. It seems that you're having fibrosis, are you using your garment? please get to your surgeon for a revision!! This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Liposuction - skin tone uneven

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Without before photos, it's hard to give you much advice but -
  • If you expose your skin to the sun, the darker areas cannot lighten.
  • But the photos suggest you had an inexpert liposuction.
  • Your incisions sites should have healed long ago.
  • The darker skin seems to be where the liposuction was traumatic, removing too much fat.
  • And your photo suggests that a tummy tuck, not liposuction might have been needed.
  • You should see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine the cause of the chronic infection in the skin and to advise you as to what might be done to improve your result.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS