Dent appeared on my left leg. Why is it happened? Do i need to go to doctor? (photo)

I dont thing i am overweight. I am 5'7 and 138 pound. I just realize one month ago i have dent on my upper leg. I dont understand the reason. It looks not good and i want to change this apperance. What i need to do? Liposuction, fat injection? I am afraid that liposuction may cause scar.

Dent appeared on my left leg. Why is it happened? Do i need to go to doctor?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

VASER Hi definition liposuction with fat grafting would improve this area. I suggest consulting with an expert to discuss treatment options. Best, Dr. Emer

Depression in side of hip. Treatment?

Thanks for your photo.  If I saw someone with a similar problem in my office I would explain that liposuction and fat harvest from the protuberant areas and fat injection into the depression would likely provide smoothing and improvement if the appearance is bothersome.  Meet with at least one ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeons to discuss options after a face to face consultation.  Good luck.
Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Dent in the outer thigh

some people have fat layers that thing out on the upper outer thigh. This is sometimes referred to as a hip dip.

It tends to be just on the outside of the hip joint area.
It could potentially be treated with liposuction, fat transfer or both.

I suggest an in person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has expertise in body contouring surgery.

It's important to consider what the other side looks like in making a proper assessment and potential treatment plan.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Leg dent

The contour dent you show in your photo is that you have some fat accumulation above and below this area, and it can be corrected with some mild liposuction.

Soft tissue irregularities

It happens but fat transfer usually helps substantially. The scars with liposuction are minimal and typically insignificant. Come visit. :)

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS