How to help SculpSure results?

I am scheduled for a sculpsure appointment in two weeks and was wondering what, as far as diet and exercise, I need to do after the procedure to help insure that I get a good result.

SculpSure Treatment Optimization

SculpSure body contouring technology targets the fat cells on the treatment site by effectively destroying cells which are naturally absorbed and eliminated from the body without any harm to the surface to the skin. 

The following are recommended tips to optimize fat loss results for post SculpSure treatments:

- Gently massage the treated site daily following the treatment for up to two weeks
- Drink plenty of water to help flush out the dead fat cells from the body
- Engage in physical activities like cardio exercise, biking walking or jogging immediately after SculpSure treatment to help mobilize the fat cells and assist in the elimination process.
- Take vitamin supplements like dandelion root or drinking green tea which contains diuretic properties that assist in flushing out fluids and toxins from the body 
- Take vitamin that help metabolize fat cells like Vitamin B complexes and Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Take liver supplements like Milk Thistle, Dandelion Root and Artichoke because the liver is one of the main organs responsible for metabolizing the damaged fat cells. 
- Eat a diet high in antioxidants that eliminates free radicals on a cellular level, which is proven to be beneficial in targeting the fat cells that are to be eliminated by the body after SculpSure.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

#sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future. The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.  The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health. The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.  It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.  If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.  I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. SculpSure is meant to be a complement to your normal routine and assist you in your weight loss goals. For that reason, you should relax before the procedure and focus your efforts on maintaining a healthy lifestyle after the procedure.  Please consult in person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure results

Optimal results from a SculpSure treatment occur when a patient maintains healthy diet and exercise regimen before, during and after their procedure.  Drinking 2-3 times your normal intake of water in the days immediately following the treatment is also beneficial in achieving best results.  
Dr. C

Sculpsure preparation

Sculpsure is best for patients who maintain a body weight that is normal or close to normal and have some stubborn areas of fat deposition.  Therefore prior to Sculpsure, you should aim to be at or close to an ideal body weight.    After Sculpsure, you will get the best results if you maintain your current weight  (or lose weight).   Exercise and hydration are important for your body to metabolize the fat cells that have been destroyed, so focus on being active and drinking fluids so your body can rid itself of those products.   Best wishes for a great result!

Prep for sculpsure

Generally stay well-hydrated, and follow a healthy balanced diet.  Sculpsure is a non-invasive body fat removal procedure and is very simple and usually very easy to do.  I am sure you will be fine, and I think you will really like the results.

Balanced and consistent diet before Sculpsure.

Drink the RDI of water, and keep your diet balanced and stable before, during, and after your Sculpsure treatment. You do NOT need to go on a special diet, as Sculpsure will take care of the unwanted fat, just keep things consistent for the weeks to months following the procedure. The results will be there, but keeping everything consistent is the key. All the best
Dr Davin Lim Fiori Institute of Skin and Body

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Hydration and SculpSure

Drink plenty of water both before and after your procedure to ensure you are properly hydrated. If you are well hydrated it could allow your body to eliminate the fat faster, which will speed up your results.

Diet relative to SculpSure

Your diet should reflect a healthy diet throughout any of sculpting procedures.  Remember, you are actually killing fat cells that will never return.  So the immediate diet won't have too much effect.  You can start seeing results in as early as 6 weeks and usually see full results around 12 weeks.  Motivation to continue a healthy diet as your body goes through this lipolysis should be sustained and motivated actually seeing the incredible results.

Vern Reynolds, DO
Columbus Anesthesiologist

SculpSure Post Instructions

Hello Seemom,
Thank you for your question. It is recommended to eat a healthy diet, drink lots of water and exercise. Enjoy your treatment! Dr Faraz