Sculpsure - If I see results quickly, will I still see future improvement after 6 weeks? (Photos)

Hi, I think I saw results only 10 days after my Sculpsure procedure. Since it looks like about a 24% fat reduction so far, do you think I'm done? Or can I expect more improvement starting at the 6-week point (when I was supposed to see results)? I am dieting & exercising, but I've only lost 2 #, which I don't think would explain the improvement. So I'm curious if I've already received all of the Sculpsure benefit, or if I might see more improvement from Sculpsure after the 6 week point. Thanks!

SculpSure Results

Thank you for your question. Results from SculpSure are typically seen at 6 weeks with the final result being at 12 weeks. At the 6 week mark if you want a second treatment you can receive it at that point. That's great that your already seeing results but you can still have more to go! Keep up with the diet and exercising!

#sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future. The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.  The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health. The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.  It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.  If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.  I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure Results

The heated wavelength establishes a controlled hyperthermic temperature of 42°C and 47°C causing an injury to the adipose, without any damage to the dermal tissue. The damaged adipocytes will be absorbed and removed gradually by the body’s inflammatory process and the volume of fat in the treatment area will decrease over the course of the next 3 months or so. Patients can expect to see results in approximately 6 weeks with optimal results seen in 12 weeks. So the good news is, yes! You will continue to see improvements within the next few weeks!

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure Results

Some patients do reports seeing results early; however the optimal results are seen at 12 weeks. I would expect you to see continued improvement!

SculpSure Results

Full results from a SculpSure treatment take approximately 6 to 12 weeks, but you will see gradual improvements along the way as you are now. Continue with your healthy lifestyle for optimal results!

Jennifer Levine, MD

SculpSure Results

Hello Cathy8743,Yes! You will continue to see results up to 12 weeks. Sounds like you are doing everything right. Keep it up and your before and after pics look great!Best to you, Dr Faraz

Sculpsure - future improvement after 6 weeks?

Wonderful to see that you are experiencing visible results in such a short time. As full results typically take up to 12 weeks, yes, I would expect that you will continue to see improvement. You mentioned weight loss above - remember that SculpSure is not about losing pounds. It is about improving your body contour, your silhouette, and letting your clothing look and feel better. Don't expect to see a tremendous change in your weight or even your clothing size.

Craig Schwartz, DO
Leawood Vascular Surgeon

SculpSure Results

SculpSure typically takes 6 to 12 weeks to see results. Although it is gradual so it is not surprising that you are seeing results at 10 days. Keeping up a healthy diet and workout regimen helps to maintain and further your result. 

Jennifer Parker Porter, MD, FACS
Bethesda Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure results

Thank you for your question. I am happy to hear you are already seeing great results with SculpSure. Yes, you will continue to see results. Patients typically see full results between 6-12 weeks after treatment.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Early Results

Early results are very encouraging and you will continue to get better and improve as time goes on.
You are not done and can enjoy the improvement.