Sculpsure on Banana Rolls?

Scheduled to have Sculpsure done on my banana rolls. I know it isn't traditionally used on that area. Is it likely safe or likely to yield results?

#sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future. The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.  The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health. The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.  It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.  If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.  I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. SculpSure is most effective on the belly and flanks areas and should be primarily utilized in those regions. Please work with a board certified plastic surgeon to generate a treatment plan that aligns with your goals related to recovery, cost, invasiveness, procedural time and, aesthetic appearance/improvement.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculpsure on Banana Rolls

Thanks for your question. SculpSure is FDA approved for the flanks and abdomen but does not indicate it is unsafe off label areas such as banana rolls. It's recommended to first determine whether or not you are a candidate, and if so, how many treatments in may require. Hope this helps!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

SculpSure on the Banana Rolls?

Thanks for yorr question. SculpSure is currently approved for the abdomen and waist. There have been reports with god and safe results of treatment, however, on the Banana Roll--the area under the buttock. I HIGHLY suggest you speak to a board certified physician who is skilled and knowledgable on BOTH non-invasive and invasive body contouring.  This area can be over treated with non-invasive treatments as well as liposuction. The result can be very disruptive to the shape and aesthetic of the buttock. All the best...

SculpSure for Banana Rolls

Thank you for your question.  SculpSure works well for the banana rolls, the extra fat located directly under the buttocks.  Depending on the amount of fat located there, you many need one to three treatments spaced three months apart.  We follow each 25 minute ScupSure treatment with an acoustic wave device (Cellutone) to improve the result.  In addition, we utilize a "treat-to-complete" regimen in our office and often combine a radiofrequency device such as Pellefirm or Exilis Ultra to tighten the skin and help with any cellulite in this area. 
Best of luck,Suneel Chilukuri, M.D.Houston, Texas
#fatreduction, #fatloss, #bodyshaping, #bodycontouring, #bodybuilding, #buttock, #bananaroll, #cellulite, #liposuction, #smartlipo, ##noninvasive, #nonsurgical, SculpSure, #Pelleve, #Pellefirm, #radiofrequency, #Cynosure, #Coolsculpt, #Vanquish, #BTLExilis, #BTLCellutone, #fitness, #plasticsurgery, #dermatology, #Houston, #Texas, #RefreshDermatology, #Chilukuri

Suneel Chilukuri, MD
Bellaire Dermatologic Surgeon

SculpSure on "off label" areas

Hi Olivia84,

Thank you for your question. Yes, absolutely you can do SculpSure on Banana Rolls. It is safe to do in this area and we have seen excellent results! Best of luck!

Dr Faraz

Sculpsure on Banana Rolls?

SculpSure can absolutely be done on the banana rolls. Although it is officially FDA approved for the flank and abdomen, we use it for many other areas of the body with excellent results. You should be evaluated by an experienced practitioner who can determine if you are a good candidate, and how many treatments you may require to meet your needs and goals.

Craig Schwartz, DO
Leawood Vascular Surgeon

SculpSure on banana rolls

I have used SculpSure on banana rolls successfully.  It is considered an "off label" use by the FDA.  It is quick, easy, painless and not expensive, definitely worth the risk.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure for Banana Rolls

SculpSure is FDA-approved for use on the abdomen and flanks. This does not necessarily mean it won't be effective on banana rolls. The safety profile for the abdomen and flanks versus the banana rolls is likely similar, but can't be said with certainty as that area wasn't "tested" in the trials. Likely not enough SculpSure treatments of the banana rolls have been completed to comment on the efficacy of SculpSure for banana rolls. Perhaps you'll educate others with some great before and after photos?!

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Proceed with caution

As I understand it, if this area is treated there might be some loss of support of the buttocks, resulting in a flattening effect you might not like
Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician