Can one still have nodules, lumps many months after treatment?

I am 4.5 months after Sculpsure treatment and still have one hard nodule about 2 inches long. I stopped massaging after the first few weeks and Dr. said it would go away whether one massaged or not. I'm not reading about any lumps this far out from treatment. Any advice?

Post treatment lump

It is not the norm but it does happen. I would encourage you to keep up the massage. It should resolve on it's own with time. However, if still there at 10 months post treatment then see your surgeon about options. Best of luck.

Post treatment lump

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. SculpSure is a very safe procedure. Our patients have not experienced lumps lasting 4.5 months after the procedure. I suggest that you consult with the surgeon that completed your procedure to investigate the cause of the lumps. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

#Sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.
The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks. 
The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.
The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling. 
It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat. 
If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of her patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment. 
I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

Nodules and lumps after Sculpsure

Yes, lumps and nodules are pretty common following any fat reduction procedure, including SculpSure. Usually they go within weeks, 4.5 months is quite long. Massage daily as tolerated, and hopefully they should go. 

If they are still persistent at 10 months, I suggest an ultrasound (this can be arranged by your Specialist who performed the procedure)- this is to exclude fibrotic tissue. For now, massage. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Fiori Institute
Brisbane, Australia. 

Nodules and lumps after Sculpsure

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Fiori Institute
Brisbane, Australia. 

Nodules after SculpSure

Hello Mhan26,

Thank you for your question. Fat necrosis and nodule formation is expected although 4.5 months is not the average, but no need for you to worry, the lumps can last up to 12 months. I would recommend massaging the area a couple times a day and drink lots of water! 

Best to you!
Dr Faraz

Nodules after SculpSure

Hello Mhan26,

Best to you!
Dr Faraz

Lumps after SculpSure

Thank you for your question. This should improve; however, it may just take some time (6 months to a year). Continue to monitor and to massage, as you have been doing. The massaging helps to break up the tissue, and to facilitate the remodeling process. Best of luck! 

Anthony J. Taglienti, MD
Smithtown Plastic Surgeon

Lumps after SculpSure

Anthony J. Taglienti, MD
Smithtown Plastic Surgeon

Lumps after SculpSure

Although unusual, lumps can persist after fat reduction procedures, surgical and non surgical.  I would continue to massage this area 5-10 minutes/day until it improves.  Since SculpSure is so new, we don't have a lot of post treatment experience, so, it is possible that the irregularity may persist, we shall see.

Lumps after SculpSure

Takes time

Lumps from dead fat (fat necrosis) can persist after liposuction or breast reconstruction.
Laser lipolysis (SculpSure) can do it also.
These lumps may take a long time to go away such as 6-12 months/

Takes time

SculpSure Treatments -- Lumps

All non invasive technologies can form lumps of swelling that will go down within 3-4 months. Massaging the area daily may help dissolve the lumps. This shouldn't be permanent and often gives you a better outcome long term. Best, Dr. Emer.

SculpSure Treatments -- Lumps

Lumps After SculpSure Treatment

Let your doctor know about your situation. In the meanwhile, continue massage of that area for up to six months post treatment. Try this three times a day for about 10 minutes. At the six month mark, have the area reevaluated by your SculpSure provider for further advice and treatment.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Lumps After SculpSure Treatment