How many times can a Dental Crown be replaced?

I read that every time you get a new dental crown they have to destroy a little more of your tooth. So how many times approximately can one get his crown replaced before another crown will be out of the option? Also, I have one front tooth that turned grey due to root canal, I heard getting a dental crown on one front tooth is nearly impossible for a good match. So what are my best options to fix my dark front tooth and get matching teeth? (Half the tooth was chipped and is now "pasted" back on)

How many times can a crown be replaced? #DrSoftTouch

Each time the tooth is worked on, some tooth structure is removed. As long as there is enough tooth structure to attach a crown, the crown can be remade as many times as necessary. It's important to keep in mind that at some point, nerve damage may result and a root canal would be necessary. Good luck and I hope this helps! Click "save" under my name, if you'd like to ask me more questions in the future.