Excessive sweating and odor after laser hair removal treatment?

I'm nearly done with the laser treatment to remove armpit hair, it's almost all gone now but lately I've noticed I've been sweating a lot more and the odor is unbearable. I've always been sweating a bit more than normal but a good deodorant would keep things under control. Now no deodorant works, I sweat the minute I get out of the shower with a horrible odor I never had before. I even sweat while sitting down without being hot or cold. Any idea what might've happened and how can I treat this? Thanks!

Excessive Sweating Solutions with Botox

This is unusual, it may be that the sweat glands were over-stimulated with treatment. Excessive sweating can be controlled with Botox or clycopyrolate. Multiple areas may require nervous system surgical treatment.  Please see an expert for evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

My sweating after LHR smells worse

I don't see how this occurred. However, there are ways to treat excessive sweating. A temporary but effective treatment is with Botox injections. For long term control, I use the Infini. It takes about 2 treatments for the Infini to work well. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Excessive sweating

It may be that the laser that was used for hair removal stimulated the apocrine glands in the area and caused them to go into high gear.  These glands can be treated with periodic injections of Botox or can be permanently treated with a minimally invasive procedure with a laser.  I use the Precision Tx 1440 nm wavelength through one tiny incision under each arm.  The procedure takes about half an hour and is done under local anesthesia.  It has been very successful.  Good luck to you with this issue.

Suzan McGary, MD
Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon