I burned myself on hair removal. How long until it heals?

So i used some hair removal cream, and used it all over my face except for my eyes, mouth and eyebrows. When i removed the cream, my face was stinging and bright red. Now i have some patches on my face that feels rough and stingy. It feels like really really dry skin, and kinda cracks when i move my face. Its now three days ago, and i have been putting some wound healing ointment on it, but it dosent help. How long until it heals? Should i get something for it, or will it go away by itself?

Home Hair Removal and Burns

Healing can be variable and it's tough to tell without pictures. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist to go over wound care at this time. I recommend silicone gel with growth factors to help avoid scarring. Best, Dr. Emer