Hole under breast 3 weeks after lift & implants. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had what looked to be a infected area. I contacted my Dr & got a script for ointment. 7 days later I noticed a hole that seem to get bigger each day & looks to be stitches ripped or ripping. Im concerned the hole will get too big. Is this normal? Is it something that needs attention or will heal itself from the inside out w/ continuing the ointment treatment. I use ointment 2 x a day & wash with soap & water. Attached is day 1 of my concern then the size difference from day 6 & day 7 (today)

Wound at t-junction with underlying implant

Thanks for your inquiry and excelleny pictures.  A wound at the t-junction where all the incisions come together is not uncommon after a mastopexy, reduction, or combination with an implant.  If there is no implant, a wound of this size is rarely a concern.  However with an underlying implant it can be a source of infection that requires meticulous care.  Please continue to closely follow your surgeon's instructions in terms of woundcare and activity restrictions.  Good Luck.

3 weeks post op and wound, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. 

In my practice for cases like yours to start I recommend local wound care with an antibacterial soap and to maintain the wound dry and clean. Also I suggest to follow your plastic surgeon instructions. 

Respectfully, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Hole under breast 3 weeks after lift & implants. Any suggestions?

The most tensioned area of the wound/skin closure sometimes opens. Normal wound care usually allows head;ing by secondary intention over a month+. If you want to help speed up I offer my patients PRP infusion therapy sessions.. 

Open wound on incision line after augmentation mastopexy

It is a common area to have a small open wound after breast augmentation and breast lift. First and foremost, be sure to follow your plastic surgeon's recommendation for wound care. It should include meticulous wound care with dressings at all times and some sort of ointment to keep the open area moist so that it can heal. An adequate diet is also necessary for proper wound healing and I would add to avoid any exercising that causes significant bouncing of the area until it is fully healed.

Antonio Gayoso, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Hole post aug/lift

The key thing here is to keep the area clean and prevent it from becoming infected and causing the implant to become exposed in which case it may have to be removed.Meticulous wound care is essential.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Surgery

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I have to say that you are still early on healing process, besides that you should clean and wash well your incisions, put antibiotic cream to protect them of infections, get an appointment with your plastic surgeon to check if there's no infection on your scar, from your pictures it appears to be an open wound which is common after surgery, but if you don't take care well of it, it can be worse. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Thanks for your question and pictures.  A wound in the location of the breast as you have is common after the type of procedure you had.  Typically, these wounds will get "worse" before they get better.  Continue to keep the area clean and perform wound care as directed by your surgeon.  This wound will most likely heal well as long you have good nutrition (high protein intake) and do not smoke.

Naveen Setty, MD

Healing issue

Thank you for your question and photos.  Of the complications that can occur after a breast lift, yours is one of the most common that is seen.  Although it is difficult to be patient, you will need to closely follow the instructions of your surgeon moving forward to ensure optimal healing and prevention of infection.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL