I'm looking into a fat transfer to the labia majora, how much does this cost and is there a filler that can be used instead?

I'm very tiny and have had a child, i just need some extra cushion but I can't seem to find anyone in the Tampa area

Creating a fuller Labia Majora

Great question! You might be surprised to learn this is a very common treatment and we see quite a few patients requesting it. Fat transfer professional fees typically vary based on how much fat is needed, where it's being taken from & how long the procedure would take. Typically our professional fees for fat transfer start around $1500 and can be done here in the office under local anesthetic. We also offer HA fillers (such as Juvederm) as an alternative to fat transfer. These can work really well for the labia majora, just keep in mind they typically only last about 8 months.

Filler to the Labia

I do this quite often and it is very important you find someone with experience in treating this.  HA fillers like perlane or juvederm can be used but fat lasts longer and does very well if someone is experienced. I would suggest flying to the best person for this and not just going to anyone.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fat grafting to labia majora

We do fat grafting to the labia majora routinely. I would recommend fat over fillers because it will need to be redone on a regular basis for maintainance. Second, artificial substances can cause local inflammation, hard nodules and that can be very uncomfortable. Last you don't see it in websites much because most people are sensitive about this type of before/after on a public domain. Make sure you meet with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Dr. Ambay
Tampa, Florida

We perform hundreds of fat transfers per years.  We call our procedure naturalfill.  You can see videos on our website.  You can use fillers but they are temporary and you have to keep re-doing it.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Fat grafting to labia majora

Fat grafting is probably a better option(in my opinion)...............softer, longer lasting and the vascular growth

factors help condition the overlying tissues.

In my experience it delivers the rejuvenation you appear to be looking for............

Hope that helps...............

Andrew Kornstein, MD, FACS

This is certainly a reasonable use for fat grafting.  I would search for the board certified plastic surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results and who performs hundreds of these procedures each year. I would look at patient reviews as well as before and after photos on that surgeon's website.