What is the credit score required for approval with CareCredit? What about payment plans through your surgeon?

I will be putting down a descent size deposit for my Breast Aagumentation but I sure I will need some help covering the rest.

Care Credit does a credit check and based on that will provide you with a certain amount. There are other companies who finance cosmetic surgery and they have less stringent requirements. You can talk to your surgeon about a payment plan, but this practice would be rare. We have patients who after their consultations decide to have surgery, but do not have the immediate funds to cover it. They pay us a monthly amount (whatever they can afford) and when they have it fully paid, we schedule their surgery. It is like a lay-away plan.

Paying for breast augmentation

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• You can go to the Care Credit website to see if you qualify.
  • At our office, my office manager helps patients with the process.
  • Care Credit will only pay the surgeon's office - if you want it to cover the operating room fee, the surgeon is paid for that as well and passes on payment for you.
  • Most plastic surgeons do not offer their own financing plans
  • There are other medical financing companies besides Care Credit.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

May Care Credit be used to pay for a #breastaugmentation ?

Hi Julena, Thanks for your question about the Care Credit lending terms and amounts required to put down.  Since each surgeon office varies on the plans they accept this is a good question for your local plastic surgeon who accepts Care Credit.  You could also contact Care Credit and ask them directly.  They have a website that lists surgeons by geographic region who accept their payments.  Be sure the plastic surgeon you work with has at least one, if not all these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery -- The gold star symbol
*A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) -- The circle symbol
*A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) -- the Queen Nefertitti symbol with a Triangle
Very best to you. -Dr. Brian Coan

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Credit

You can talk or go online with Care Credit and fine out about details of credit score and amount of the deposit. Also, you can discuss this with the office manager at your surgeon's office.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

What is the credit score required for approval with CareCredit?

You just go on their website, fill out the application for what you want and they will tell you if it's approved or not. Many offices will let you make payments, but of course the entire fee must be paid before surgery.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Thank you for your questions.  Because CareCredit is extending you money in order to pay for a procedure, they want to see your credit report in order to gauge what kind of "risk" you are to repay the full amount loaned.  It is similar to when you purchase a car, the loan company runs your credit report to check and see if you will be able to make your monthly payments.  As far as financing, there are some physicians that can accept payment plans, but this is surgeon/practice specific, and you would have to ask them directly.  

Would have to ask Care Credit

Hello! Thanks for your question and congrats on your decision to get a breast augmentation. 

You would have to ask Care Credit what their requirements are for use of their services. I don't think any surgeon will be able to give you reliable information about this. 

As for payment plans, I don't know of any surgeons that do that kind to thing for cosmetic surgery, but it is certainly something you can ask your sugeon about.

Hope this helps. 

Bruce Hermann, MD
Denton Plastic Surgeon