How much does tuberous breast correction cost?

I am 100% positive that I do have tubular breasts, I'm 18 and sure about getting my breasts done in the future. How much would everything cost approximately in total? and are implants also necessary?

Tuber

Hi Lex

Costing depends on if you have private health insurance that covers the required item number/s and if Medicare approves the use of those item numbers. It may be as little as $5000 if everything falls in your favour, and as much as $10-12,000 if you do not get any financial support from Medicare or health insurance.

Good Luck

Dr Gavin Sandercoe

Tuberous Breasts/Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Tubular breast correction

Without examining you in person I cannot provide you with the cost of a tubular breast correction. There are many variables when it comes to this surgery and whether or not you want to combine the tubular breast correction with breast implants. You should consult in person with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in tubular breast correction. He/she will examine you in person and then explain exactly what needs to be done to give you the perfect breasts. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Tuberous breast correction

Hi,

The procedure cost will spend on what needs to be done to one or both sides, and if a lift or implant is needed.  Each case is going to be individual and after a consultation a cost estimate can be prepared that takes into account any Medicare rebate, as well as any rebate from Private insurance, as this is going to correction of a medical problem if the case is tuberous breasts.

The first step will be a consultation , then a plan and go from there.

I hope that helps

Jeremy Hunt

When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. 

***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

Tuberous breast price

Thanks for the enquiry

The cost really depends on how complicated the operation is. Best if you sent through photos.

If you have private health insurance, you also get coverage with your insurer as long as your surgeon has got pre-approval from medicare directly.

#tuberous breasts

Hi.  The costs will vary markedly depending on whether your deformity is bad enough to attract a medicare item number.  If you do have an item number and private insurance the costs out of pocket can be as low as $5000.

Regards
Damien

Cost for Tuberous Breast Surgery

Hi Lex, tuberous breast surgery is recognised under Medicare and I often do these surgeries at my public hospital to significantly reduce costs. Usually, a combination of breast lift and implant is required, but without photos I can't advise you what you would need.By having surgery through the public hospital system the cost is probably around $8000. In private, without private health insurance, it would be close to twice this. If you have private health insurance, the costs are less as your insurer should pay your hospital and breast implants costs. Regards, Dr Steve Merten, Sydney